Do you dread open enrollment? Most HR and Benefits professionals do. Considering that you have to relate increases in price, cost sharing, shifting, or benefit decreases - and its no wonder HR professionals dread open enrollment!
But guess what? With today's economy, benefits are becoming increasingly important to employees, so you should expect even more questions than usual this year.
However...you may be faced with explaining increasingly complex benefits in less time this year - and often to those only open to half your message.
This audio conference will help you to better-plan and proactively deal with this year's Open Enrollment season - and ensure your employees walk away from enrollment feeling like they have the best benefits ever!
- Why open enrollment can be used as a time for HR to shine
- How to get through to employees so they fully understand all their options
- How to get leadership and front-line managers to support your efforts
- How vendors and service providers can help you - maybe more than you know
- Using technology to ease the process without losing the human touch
- How to choose what to highlight and focus on without overloading employees
- How to share cost increases without the rest of your message being shut out
- Dealing with emotions from apathy all the way to open hostility
- Preparation tips for questions and concerns
- Being a good spokesperson for your company
- Giving thought to branding your employment benefits
About Your Speaker:
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her "tell-it-like-it-is", direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.