Need Job Descriptions?
Job descriptions are put in place to help employees understand their roles and responsibilities.
Well-written job descriptions clearly explain what a person in a given position does, what are the functions performed, the performance expectations, responsibilities, and applicable working conditions.
Good Job Descriptions cover:
The Problem With Job Descriptions & Job Description Templates
- Title of the position
- Overall responsibility
- Key areas of responsibility
- The necessary skills and experience required for the job
- To whom the person directly reports
- Those who the person works with on a regular basis
- Term of employment
Unfortunately, HR job descriptions often are the first document looked at in internal or legal disputes or during a regulatory agency�s inquiry.
Make sure your HR job descriptions are not a lawsuit waiting to happen! We offer sample Job Description templates that teach:
Find Sample Job Description Templates
- Why job descriptions are critical in today�s work places
- Key elements to include in every job description
- Specific language to include and what avoid
- When and how to review your current job descriptions
- Considerations for job descriptions for ADA , ADAAA, FMLA and FLSA purposes
- Why �borrowing� job descriptions is an instant route to confusion, misunderstandings, and legal problems
- An easy, operationally sound, yet legally helpful system to prepare a job analysis of responsibilities, duties, and expectations
- Red flags that invite regulatory problems and lawsuits
- Common mistakes in job descriptions that come back to haunt the employer
HR Training Center offers several job description templates that will help you to quickly, correctly, and cost-effectively create Job Descriptions for your organization.
Listed below are some of our most-popular job description products. Either select one of the recommended courses or select "Job Descriptions/Employee Handbooks" from the "Professional Development" section of the search box below.
Recommended Books/CDs/Other Training Resources
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Dealing with Difficult People
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
How to Supervise People Seminar