Background Screening and the Fair Credit Reporting Act
||Online Training Course
This course helps the learner understand the importance of background screening, explains how to conduct effective background screening using in-house personnel or a Consumer Reporting Agency, and describes the practices necessary to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other relevant laws.
Managers/Supervisors/Risk Management & HR Professionals/Business Owners
Time to Complete
The purpose of this course is to help the learner understand why, when, and how to conduct reference and background checks on prospective or current employees, effectively and legally.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Differentiate between reference checks and background investigations
- Apply the regulations of various employment laws, particularly the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), to situations in which reference checks and background investigations are conducted;
- Identify the elements of an effective organizational policy on conducting reference checks and background investigations;
- Identify the steps in conducting legally compliant reference checks and background investigations;
- Recognize the situations in which other screening methods can be used in the employment context and when FCRA rules do not apply;
- Identify the steps required when taking adverse action against employees; and
- Describe the penalties for non-compliance with FCRA regulations.
- Background Checks vs. Reference Checks
- The many laws that affect background screening
- Conducting reference and background checks
- Other screening methods
- Taking adverse action
- Employer Liability
- Letter of Recommendation
- Questions for Reference Checking
- Records Retention Chart
- Background Investigation Authorization and Release Form
- Applicant Reference Check Form
- Pre-Adverse Action Letter
- Reference Verification Form
- Authorization to Obtain Consumer Report
- A Summary of Your Rights
- Rejection Letter Based on Consumer Report
HR Certification Institute
This program has been approved for 2.0 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
(The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of this program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.)
The Florida Bar
The Florida Bar's Board of Legal Specialization and Education has approved this course for 2.50 General Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits. For more information about CLE credits, visit The Florida Bar homepage at www.floridabar.org.
The State Bar of Georgia
The State Bar of Georgia has accredited this course for 2.0 hours of Regular CLE credits. For more information about CLE credits, visit The State Bar of Georgia homepage at www.gabar.org.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||HRCI|
All US States: 2
|About The Provider:
||Founded in 1997 by a group of risk management, insurance, and human resources professionals, The Human Equation offers knowledge, training, coaching, and research support on human resources and risk management in both traditional and web-based environments.
Our high-quality e-Learning materials deliver real-world and cost-effective instruction that result in improved employee productivity and reduced employer risk.
The Human Equation's mission is to significantly improve business performance for organizations of all sizes by promoting a fundamental awareness of, and learning solutions for, operational and employment risks.
The Human Equation's products and services portfolio includes a variety of learning solutions that include web-based training courses, labor consulting and coaching helplines, a research repository of news, forms, documents and policies, and an Employee Report Line that manages employee grievances.
Each of our courses are legally reviewed, certified by the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) for excellence in instruction and design, and accredited by The Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) for re-certification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification.
|Applicable Discounts:||Required Volume||Discount||Price|
| ||Qty: 10||$1.90||$17.10|
| ||Qty: 25||$2.85||$16.15|
| ||Qty: 50||$3.80||$15.20|
| ||Qty: 100||$4.75||$14.25|
| ||Qty: 250||$5.70||$13.30|
| ||Qty: 500||$6.65||$12.35|
| ||Qty: 750||$7.60||$11.40|
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
Background Screening the Fair Credit Reporting Act FCRA HRCI certification recertification re-certification re-certify Florida CLE Georgia CLE CPE sample letter for credit investigation background sc backgrounf screening
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar