Certificate In Employee Benefits Law Seminar
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
The Certificate In Employee Benefits Law Seminar is designed to to be the most comprehensive and practical seminar available in its field.
The 4½ day seminar covers employee benefits issues that arise in the design and administration of employee benefit plans, the management of their assets, controversies between plan sponsors, trustees, participants, and the numerous government agencies that regulate these plans. The course will also cover all applicable Healthcare Reform issues.
The goal of this seminar is to improve the participant's ability to identify and limit risks to their organization in dealing with employee benefit plans and to provide "best practices" insights for ERISA compliance, Executive Compensation, M&A, Retirement Plan, and Welfare Benefit Plan Issues, and includes:
- A comprehensive understanding of the requirements of federal and state laws and regulations relating to the administration of employee benefit plans and the management of their assets and how they affect plan sponsors, plan fiduciaries and plan service providers.
- The basic skills to administer employee benefit plans and manage their assets pursuant to the current requirements of the law; to recognize and avoid problem areas and to cope with regulatory requirements; to respond appropriately to compliance complaints; and to minimize the possibility of expensive and time-consuming litigation.
- Information regarding current regulatory, litigation and legislative developments and trends in the employee benefits field which will enable participants to make important contributions to the administration and management of employee benefit plans performed by their organizations, and to anticipate and cope with the ever-emerging regulatory and enforcement developments in these critical areas.
Who Should Attend:
Representatives from plan sponsors, organizations which serve as plan fiduciaries, and entities which provide services to employee benefit plans will all profit from attending.
By participating in this seminar you will:
- Learn the practical application and "best practices" in this complex field
- Improve your on-the-job skills immediately
- Increase your confidence in dealing with the complex area of employee benefits
- Reduce your organization's exposure to expensive and time-consuming litigation
- Update your information and knowledge in a rapidly changing field of law
- Have all your employee benefits law questions answered by highly experienced attorneys
- Increase your value to your organization
- Meet and exchange ideas with colleagues in a stimulating environment
- Earn an important credential
By attending, you receive specially-prepared reference materials that serve as valuable on-the-job desktop reference materials.
Faculty: A faculty of leading employee benefits attorneys teach these classes; from law firms such as Alston & Bird, Groom Law Firm and the Cicotte Law Firm.
Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm. Friday 8:00am-12:00pm.
Continuing Education Credits
- This seminar has been approved for 29.75 (General) re-certification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI),
- 29.75 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification through the Society of Human Resource Management
- Continuing Legal Education in many states.
How You Receive Your Certificate:
The Certificate in Employee Benefits Law is awarded after a participant attends the full 4½ day seminar. No examinations are given. These handsome certificates are mailed three to four weeks after the end of each program.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 29.75
All US States: 29.75
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Recertification Credit
All US States: 29.75
|About The Provider:
||Founded in 1979, the Institute for Applied Management & Law, Inc. (IAML) is the nation's leading producer of comprehensive employment law seminars.
IAML offers practically-oriented seminars, webinars, DVDs and online learning for professionals requiring timely and accurate information in employment law; labor law, employee benefits law; and human resource management.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
employee benefits law, retirement plans, HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA, GATT, USERRA, EGTRRA, IRS, DOL, PBGC, EEOC, SEC, HCFA, fiduciary, 401k, 404c, nondiscrimination testing, QSLOB, 401b, safe harbors, QDRO, Sarbanes-Oxley, blackout, distribution, annuity, audits, ADEA, 457 plans, executive compensation, Top Hat, 409a, stock options, severance, M&A, SPD, Form 5500, cafeteria plan, HSA, pregnancy discrimination, QMCSO, mental health parity, cancer rights act, FSA, HRA, Affordable Care Act, ObamaCare, gina, hitech, ACA
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|Certificate In Employee Benefits Law Seminar||Atlanta, GA||5/1/2017|
|Certificate In Employee Benefits Law Seminar||Orlando, FL||7/17/2017|
|Certificate In Employee Benefits Law Seminar||Las Vegas, NV||10/16/2017||
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud