No matter what area of human resources you work in, a general foundation and understanding of compensation is important to have as compensation supports and links to many other programs and functions in HR.
It is no secret that well-structured compensation plays an important role in attracting, retaining, and motivating top talent.
This training session will help you gain a complete understanding of the basics of compensation, including:
About Your Presenter:
- What are the elements of a pay program and common compensation terms
- Compensation philosophy: what should be included
- The various types of direct compensation
- What pay considerations you need to be prepared to address
- The pay budget and what should be included
- How compensation is determined, including the why and how of Job Analysis and Job Documentation
- The types of Job Evaluations - and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Key considerations in plan selection and implementation
- The process for market pricing and pay structure design
- Regulatory and legal issues in compensation
- Communicating and evaluating compensation programs as well as compensation resources and trends
- The Do and Do Not of Compensation
Cassandra Faurote, SPHR, CCP, SHRM-SCP, and President of Total Reward Solutions is a seasoned human resources consultant with 25+ years in the human resources field.
She has worked with companies from 40 to 4,000 employees in over 20 industries, helping clients in the areas of compensation and benefits, performance management, and reward/recognition programs.
Cassandra has a bachelor's degree in Business Management from Indiana Wesleyan University and holds three certifications to include Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), and has served on the board for Total Rewards Indiana for seven years.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells webinars, audio conferences, and seminars for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Dealing with Difficult People