Disciplining and Terminating Employees: How to Reduce the Damage
||Online Training Course
Discipline that is too little or too late permits the worst employees to set the standard for workplace conduct and undermine the productivity of everyone. On the other hand, discipline that is too rash contributes to employee distrust and morale problems that can damage productivity, attendance, and employee commitment.
This course provides suggestions on how to effectively discipline or terminate an employee with minimal legal risks to the organization and minor damages to employee confidence and performance.
Managers/Supervisors/Risk Management & HR Professionals
Time to Complete
To help managers and supervisors understand how to impose effective discipline and manage employee termination.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Summarize the procedure for establishing general disciplinary guidelines
- Define progressive discipline and outline its five stages
- Identify the components of a discipline memo
- Explain the proper course of action for arranging and conducting a meeting regarding discipline or termination; and
- Cite the purposes of exit interviews and describe the proper manner with which they should proceed.
1. Establishing a Discipline Policy
2. Documenting Employee Behavior
- General Guidelines
- Progressive Discipline
3. Imposing Discipline
- Discipline Memo
- Termination Document
4. Conducting Exit InterviewsForms Included
- Before the Disciplinary Meeting
- During the Disciplinary Meeting
- After the Disciplinary Meeting
We are so confident that you will love the convenience of our online training and the quality of our content that we offer you a money back guarantee within 90 days of purchase of any individual course* or suite** if you are not satisfied with the product.
- Discipline and Termination Preparation Checklist
- Discipline Without Punishment Implementation Program
- Exit Interview Form
- Exit Interview - Internal Policy
- Exit Interview Questionnaire
- Progressive Discipline Employee Record Form
- Sample Employee Warning/Probationary Notice
- Sample Job Abandonment Letter
- Sample Letter of Resignation
- Sample Questions for Exit Interviews
- Sample Progressive Discipline Policy
- Sample Termination Letter (Layoff)
- Sample Termination Letter for At-Will Employees
- Sample Termination Letter for Employees with Contracts
- Supervisor’s and Manager’s Checklist for Employee Separation
HR Certification Institute
This program has been approved for 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
(The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of this program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.)
The State Bar of Georgia
The State Bar of Georgia has accredited this course for 1.50 hours of Regular CLE credits. For more information about CLE credits, visit The State Bar of Georgia homepage at www.gabar.org.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||HRCI|
All US States: 1.25
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||Founded in 1997 by a group of risk management, insurance, and human resources professionals, The Human Equation offers knowledge, training, coaching, and research support on human resources and risk management in both traditional and web-based environments.
Our high-quality e-Learning materials deliver real-world and cost-effective instruction that result in improved employee productivity and reduced employer risk.
The Human Equation's mission is to significantly improve business performance for organizations of all sizes by promoting a fundamental awareness of, and learning solutions for, operational and employment risks.
The Human Equation's products and services portfolio includes a variety of learning solutions that include web-based training courses, labor consulting and coaching helplines, a research repository of news, forms, documents and policies, and an Employee Report Line that manages employee grievances.
Each of our courses are legally reviewed, certified by the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) for excellence in instruction and design, and accredited by The Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) for re-certification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification.
|Applicable Discounts:||Required Volume||Discount||Price|
| ||Qty: 10||$1.19||$10.69|
| ||Qty: 25||$1.78||$10.10|
| ||Qty: 50||$2.38||$9.50|
| ||Qty: 100||$2.97||$8.91|
| ||Qty: 250||$3.56||$8.32|
| ||Qty: 500||$4.16||$7.72|
| ||Qty: 750||$4.75||$7.13|
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
Disciplining Terminating termination firing dismissing layoff dismiss fire Employees How to Reduce the Damage HRCI certification recertification re-certification re-certify Georgia CLE compensation
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing