Electronic HR Records: Compliance & Best Practices Workshop
Keeping up with electronic records as well as paper documentation has actually made your job twice as complex...and twice as legally dangerous.
New HR laws and regulations carry stringent rules on electronic records – and stiff penalties for noncompliance. And you can be sure that a savvy plaintiff's attorney will pounce on any electronic sins of commission OR omission.
Employers across the country are scrambling to decipher the legal rules for filing … retaining … protecting … and destroying their e-records. And each decision seems to lead to another question (Must I keep hard copies, too? Do the "separate files” rules also apply to electronic personnel records? Is "delete” the same as "destroy”?).
Join us for Electronic HR Records: Compliance & Best Practices Workshop. In this interactive webinar, attorney and nationally recognized record-keeping expert Joe Beachboard will examine today's (and tomorrow's) electronic record-keeping issues, providing practical advice on communicating your policies to managers.
Electronic HR Records: Compliance & Best Practices Workshop will cover:
These days, 70% of corporate records are stored electronically. Those electronic records can be your best legal friend … or your worst enemy.
- Record Retention: What, Where And For How Long?
- How electronic retention rules differ from paper standards
- How to know when it's safe to scan a document and dump the paper original
- Retention policy changes needed due to Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act requirements
- The best methods for keeping records safe and secure
- Electronic I-9s: How to comply with the strict new federal rules on completing, signing and retaining
- The four steps you must include in your electronic I-9 program
- Enforceable Agreements: What's Legal In The E-world
- Legal requirements when allowing individuals to complete applications online
- What counts as a "legal” electronic signature
- When can you change company policies via email?
- The key steps to an effective electronic records management system
- E-Discovery And Information Management
- Which records you must be prepared to produce if hit with a legal complaint
- What's a "litigation hold” and when are you required to apply it to your electronic records disposal?
- The safest way to dispose of electronic HR records – and the questions to ask yourself before you do so
- How little-known Federal Rules of Civil Procedure should alter your policy for storing and deleting company emails
When it comes to electronic records, mistakes are easy to make – and very expensive to undo. To find out how to avoid the legal pitfalls in electronic document collection, storage, retention and disposal, sign up for Electronic HR Records: Compliance & Best Practices Workshop today!
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
records, recordkeeping, HR, electronic, legal, compliance, employees, documentation
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this webcast. Please click here to search for another course.||
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Dealing with Difficult People