Employee Handbooks: Required Changes For 2016 And The Most Common Mistakes
If your employee handbook hasn't been updated in the past six months, it's out of date. For example:
Your employee handbook can be an invaluable organizational tool … or an employment lawsuit waiting to happen. And in recent years, Congress and state legislatures have been busy enacting laws that directly affect your employee handbook. If you haven't kept up, you could find yourself in court.
- Is your at-will statement an invitation to a massive NLRA lawsuit (based on the surprising NLRB ruling)?
- Do you realize that you can't prohibit discussions on pay and benefits?
- Have you provided clear rules on overtime and off-the-clock work?
- Are you prepared for the new FMLA and benefit rules relating to same-sex couples?
- Have you changed your handbook to reflect the latest DOL rules on nursing mothers?
- Have you updated your leave policies to include time off for employees with relatives in the military … or to prohibit moonlighting while on FMLA leave?
- Have you updated your benefit policies to leave no doubt that health insurance may be changed or eliminated at the company's discretion?
Learn how to avoid disaster. Nationally recognized author, educator and attorney Anniken Davenport has updated her popular interactive webinar Employee Handbooks: Required Changes for 2016 and the Most Common Mistakes.
Join us to find out how the new trends and regulations affect you. In this fast-paced 75-minute session, you'll discover:
You'll learn practical, easy-to-understand tips for spotting mistakes in your employee handbook – and exactly how to fix them. Because this is an interactive event, Anniken will also answer all of your handbook-related questions.
- Up-to-the-minute HR changes to add to your handbook
- What NEVER to tell employees after their probation period ends
- How to avoid "the accidental contract”
- 12 handbook errors that will get you creamed in court – and how to avoid them
- Things that should be in a handbook – and things that SHOULDN'T
- And much, much more!
So don't let your once-helpful employee handbook become your organization's worst enemy. Join us for this dynamic and insightful presentation!
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
handbooks, compliance, HR, employees, onboarding, policies, training
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Employee Handbooks: Required Changes For 2016 And The Most Common Mistakes||CD/On-Demand||$197.00||
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program