Excel Training: Using Tables
In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA goes deep into the Table feature, which offers numerous opportunities to vastly improve the integrity of your spreadsheets, as well as reduce maintenance involved with your spreadsheets.
The Table feature simplifies filtering lists of data, eliminates the need to freeze worksheet panes, and allows you to update formulas in an entire column by changing a single worksheet cell.
The Table feature can also minimize spreadsheet maintenance, as features such as pivot tables, Sparklines, data validation, and others can automatically include new data added to your lists. This eliminates certain data integrity risks and well as manually monitoring and resizing data source ranges used by these features.
David will teach from primarily from Excel 2010, but will demonstrate new features in Excel 2013 when warranted, as well as disclose any differences in Excel 2007. Coverage of Excel 2003 will be limited to questions raised by the audience.
About Your Speaker:
- Use Excel's Table feature to simplify data analysis
- Explore common data integrity risks that the Table feature eliminates
- See how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks
- Avoid writing repetitive formulas with Excel's Data Table feature
- Manage lists of data with the Table feature
- Use tables to filter multiple lists on a single worksheet
- Dig deeper into the numbers by using the Report Filter command to create break-out tables
- Understand how to use the Slicers feature in Excel 2013 to streamline analyzing data within tables
- Determine whether formulas within tables use cell references or field names
- Use the Table feature in Excel 2007 and later to create charts that expand or contract automatically as your source data changes
- See how the Table feature can vastly improve the integrity of Pivot Tables in Excel
- Learn the basics of pivot table creation
- See how pivot tables differ from worksheet formulas and the importance of the Refresh command
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel's VLOOKUP function
- Future-proof VLOOKUP by using Excel's Table feature instead of referencing static ranges
- Minimize ongoing spreadsheet maintenance with Excel's Table feature
- Learn which features you can't use when one or more tables exist in a workbook, such as Custom Views
- Use Excel's Custom Views feature to hide and unhide multiple worksheets with ease
David Ringstrom, CPA, is the Tech Editor-at-Large for AccountingWEB and Going Concern. David speaks at conferences nationally and presents dozens of webinars annually on Excel and other topics. He offers Excel training and consulting services nationwide, and has written numerous articles on spreadsheets.
Other Excel Topics
This course is just one of several Excel training courses we offer as part of our Excel training line. Go to www.CPATrainingCenter.com/Excel-Training-For-Accountants.asp to see the full list of Excel training courses.
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells webinars, audio conferences, and seminars for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|High Impact Excel: Using Tables||CD/On-Demand||$239.00||
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts