How To Identify & Investigate FMLA Abuse
It is unfortunate that HR professionals actually have to manage abuse of employee leave - but it is a reality, as more and more employees utilize the FMLA as a means to avoid disciplinary action for poor attendance and tardiness. But what can HR do? Well, a lot.
Even though the FMLA regulations are complex, confusing, and present loopholes that are easy to exploit, companies should not be reluctant to deny leave or terminate troublesome employees for fear of being sued. This training session will help you identify exactly what you can do – and how to take decisive action in even the most delicate situations.
- Strategies for identifying abuse
- Employer obligations under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- The most common abuses of FMLA and why it's happening
- Recent changes to the FMLA that make it easier for employers to curb abuse
- Company policies you must have in place to effectively manage FMLA leave—and abusers of leave
- How to leverage your internal resources to prevent FMLA abuse
- How to identify abuse - and the individuals you need to involve in an internal investigation
- The basic steps in how to conduct an effective investigation and how to acquire physical, documentary, and testimonial evidence
- How to effectively document FMLA to confront abusers
- How to take effective steps managing FMLA abuse investigations
- The risks in just getting testimonial evidence to support a FMLA abuse case
- How to evaluate investigative findings and prepare a report that is court-ready
About Your Speaker:
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her "tell-it-like-it-is", direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
All Canadian Provinces: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells webinars, audio conferences, and seminars for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|How To Identify & Investigate FMLA Abuse||CD/On-Demand||$239.00||
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location