The ability to hire talented people is a direct reflection on how well an organization is managed. Could you be more effective in the recruiting process? What about managers outside of HR that have responsibility for making hiring decisions? Do they not only recognize talent, but can they turn a job interview into a sound and defensible hiring decision?
HR is a valuable contributor to the corporate balance sheet by confidently hiring quality people, but gut feelings and guesswork can lead to mistakes that go beyond losing the services of one person.
When a bad hire slips through, you have a new set of problems. There are administrative expenses and indirect costs, too, including diminished productivity in the weeks before the employee quits or is fired.
Bottom line, the skill to interview effectively is a key management tool. In this audio conference, learn how to fine-tune your interviewing skills and transfer what you learn to other managers in your organization.
In this audio conference, you will learn effective methods for hiring only top-notch players for your team. You will walk away with a high-impact recruiting strategy and a wealth of proven strategies to help you re-define the way you hire that include how to:
- Attract and hire people who are committed to the success of your organization and who are willing to do more than what is expected
- Ask the right questions to get applicants to speak with candor while avoiding inappropriate and illegal questions
- Determine if applicants have the right attitude; everything else is inconsequential if they don't
- Avoid crisis hiring and haphazardly making choices that are later regretted because you are pressed to fill a vacancy on your organizational chart
- Suspend judgment. First impressions can cast a shadow over the interview and cause you to ignore red flag warnings that may lead to having to fire later
- Get references to open up and speak honestly with you despite a litigation-happy society
- Create new hire excitement about your organization and job opportunities and recruit people who are not actively looking for employment
- Screen out the troublemakers and quickly spot top performers
About Your Speaker
Carol Hacker is a celebrated speaker and author who is nationally recognized as a "high-content presenter who motivates". Carol teaches her audiences how to build profitability through winning teams, productivity, employee competence, and a commitment to excellence.
As the author of over 400 published articles, 14 books, and scores of audio CDs, her conference attendees number in the hundreds of thousands. She presents more than 100 programs every year on recruiting, retention, leading a multigenerational workforce, team building, performance evaluation, motivation, change management and more.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.