A huge increase in remote workers has organizations of all kinds re-aligning their thinking, reducing their pricey commercial real estate costs, and creating movable, everything-on- wheels offices.
Whether working from home, at a convenient off-site location, or on the other side of the world, utilizing "remote" workers can be one of the best steps employers can take to keep employees productive and engaged.
But utilizing remote workers can often be troubling for supervisors and managers, many of whom may find themselves struggling with the thought of managing people they can't see.
This interactive presentation is designed to help you and your managers fine-tune your management skills regarding remote workers to effectively lead a remote workforce.
Highlights include how to:
- Determine suitability to work remotely by detailing the parameters
- Decide how you will apply the rules consistently
- Define what a home office environment MUST include
- Teach supervisors how to administer your attendance policy appropriately when infractions occur
- Set measurable performance indicators that clearly define standards and expectations
- Find the right balance between keeping your remote workforce up-to-date and not becoming a nuisance
- Make attendance key in granting promotions and salary increases
- Meet your employees’ expectations in the area of growth opportunities
- Rescue employees who are worth saving and release those who are not
- Handle security concerns and work with remote employees to develop secure systems for potentially sensitive information
About Your Speaker:
Carol Hacker is a celebrated speaker and author who is nationally recognized as a "high-content presenter who motivates". Carol teaches her audiences how to build profitability through winning teams, productivity, employee competence, and a commitment to excellence.
As the author of over 400 published articles, 14 books, and scores of audio CDs, her conference attendees number in the hundreds of thousands. She presents more than 100 programs every year on recruiting, retention, leading a multigenerational workforce, team building, performance evaluation, motivation, change management and more.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.