Need Job Descriptions?
Job descriptions are put in place to help employees understand their roles and responsibilities.
Well-written job descriptions clearly explain what a person in a given position does, what are the functions performed, the performance expectations, responsibilities, and applicable working conditions.
Good Job Descriptions cover:
The Problem With Job Descriptions & Job Description Templates
- Title of the position
- Overall responsibility
- Key areas of responsibility
- The necessary skills and experience required for the job
- To whom the person directly reports
- Those who the person works with on a regular basis
- Term of employment
Unfortunately, HR job descriptions often are the first document looked at in internal or legal disputes or during a regulatory agency�s inquiry.
Make sure your HR job descriptions are not a lawsuit waiting to happen! We offer sample Job Description templates that teach:
Find Sample Job Description Templates
- Why job descriptions are critical in today�s work places
- Key elements to include in every job description
- Specific language to include and what avoid
- When and how to review your current job descriptions
- Considerations for job descriptions for ADA , ADAAA, FMLA and FLSA purposes
- Why �borrowing� job descriptions is an instant route to confusion, misunderstandings, and legal problems
- An easy, operationally sound, yet legally helpful system to prepare a job analysis of responsibilities, duties, and expectations
- Red flags that invite regulatory problems and lawsuits
- Common mistakes in job descriptions that come back to haunt the employer
HR Training Center offers several job description templates that will help you to quickly, correctly, and cost-effectively create Job Descriptions for your organization.
Listed below are some of our most-popular job description products. Either select one of the recommended courses or select "Job Descriptions/Employee Handbooks" from the "Professional Development" section of the search box below.
Recommended Books/CDs/Other Training Resources
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar