Need Job Descriptions?
Job descriptions are put in place to help employees understand their roles and responsibilities.
Well-written job descriptions clearly explain what a person in a given position does, what are the functions performed, the performance expectations, responsibilities, and applicable working conditions.
Good Job Descriptions cover:
The Problem With Job Descriptions & Job Description Templates
- Title of the position
- Overall responsibility
- Key areas of responsibility
- The necessary skills and experience required for the job
- To whom the person directly reports
- Those who the person works with on a regular basis
- Term of employment
Unfortunately, HR job descriptions often are the first document looked at in internal or legal disputes or during a regulatory agency�s inquiry.
Make sure your HR job descriptions are not a lawsuit waiting to happen! We offer sample Job Description templates that teach:
Find Sample Job Description Templates
- Why job descriptions are critical in today�s work places
- Key elements to include in every job description
- Specific language to include and what avoid
- When and how to review your current job descriptions
- Considerations for job descriptions for ADA , ADAAA, FMLA and FLSA purposes
- Why �borrowing� job descriptions is an instant route to confusion, misunderstandings, and legal problems
- An easy, operationally sound, yet legally helpful system to prepare a job analysis of responsibilities, duties, and expectations
- Red flags that invite regulatory problems and lawsuits
- Common mistakes in job descriptions that come back to haunt the employer
HR Training Center offers several job description templates that will help you to quickly, correctly, and cost-effectively create Job Descriptions for your organization.
Listed below are some of our most-popular job description products. Either select one of the recommended courses or select "Job Descriptions/Employee Handbooks" from the "Professional Development" section of the search box below.
Recommended Books/CDs/Other Training Resources
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law