Need Job Descriptions?
Job descriptions are put in place to help employees understand their roles and responsibilities.
Well-written job descriptions clearly explain what a person in a given position does, what are the functions performed, the performance expectations, responsibilities, and applicable working conditions.
Good Job Descriptions cover:
The Problem With Job Descriptions & Job Description Templates
- Title of the position
- Overall responsibility
- Key areas of responsibility
- The necessary skills and experience required for the job
- To whom the person directly reports
- Those who the person works with on a regular basis
- Term of employment
Unfortunately, HR job descriptions often are the first document looked at in internal or legal disputes or during a regulatory agency�s inquiry.
Make sure your HR job descriptions are not a lawsuit waiting to happen! We offer sample Job Description templates that teach:
Find Sample Job Description Templates
- Why job descriptions are critical in today�s work places
- Key elements to include in every job description
- Specific language to include and what avoid
- When and how to review your current job descriptions
- Considerations for job descriptions for ADA , ADAAA, FMLA and FLSA purposes
- Why �borrowing� job descriptions is an instant route to confusion, misunderstandings, and legal problems
- An easy, operationally sound, yet legally helpful system to prepare a job analysis of responsibilities, duties, and expectations
- Red flags that invite regulatory problems and lawsuits
- Common mistakes in job descriptions that come back to haunt the employer
HR Training Center offers several job description templates that will help you to quickly, correctly, and cost-effectively create Job Descriptions for your organization.
Listed below are some of our most-popular job description products. Either select one of the recommended courses or select "Job Descriptions/Employee Handbooks" from the "Professional Development" section of the search box below.
Recommended Books/CDs/Other Training Resources
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing