Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
The Next Time Your Boss Says, "Handle It!" Will You Be Ready?
Do you feel 100% confident managing projects, people, and situations independently? It's a fact: If you want to be an "exceptional assistant" - a fully contributing member of your team - you need good management skills to survive and thrive.
You need skills like project management techniques…the ability to negotiate well…decision-making acumen…and the ability to manage change, plus many other skills you might think only managers need.
In this exciting, one-day seminar, you'll learn the powerful tricks of the management trade — high-impact approaches that will give you the power and knowledge to "handle your administrative assistant duties with confidence".
You'll master planning and scheduling solutions that give you more control over your time and energy. Not only will you be able to take on special projects, you'll do it without missing a beat in your everyday tasks and daily routine.
Make decisions, manage change, solve problems, negotiate what you need — watch problems dissolve and roadblocks fall as you use the time-tested management skills you'll acquire. You'll take advantage of the same methods used by the most powerful, effective managers!
Should You Attend This Seminar?
Would you and your employer benefit if you could:
- Handle people and projects independently, with minimal supervision from your boss?
- Manage the smallest to largest projects with the skill of a professional project manager?
- Make decisions confidently and be proud of taking the right course of action?
- Neutralize the tough personality types that make your day miserable?
- Negotiate win-win agreements inside and outside your company?
- Formulate a plan for today, this week, even months ahead … that ensures you won't fall behind on your most important objectives?
- Build an alliance that would make you and your boss the most enviable team in your organization?
If You've Answered Yes...This Management Skills Seminar Is Tailor-Made For You!
The Assistant as Manager
- Why your role is changing, and why more is expected from you: you'll learn how to incorporate personal and professional growth into your job
- Your plan for taking more responsibility: how to devise a short- and long-term strategy with your manager, and how to make this meeting happen!
- Assessing your readiness for added responsibility: You may surprise yourself with our illuminating self-test!
Planning and Scheduling
- How to stay one step ahead — you'll get things done before you're asked and avoid stressful "crisis" situations
- Planning particulars: the who, what, when, where, and how of indispensable work plans. Step by easy step, we'll show you how!
- Identifying and clarifying your priorities: Know what to do when dozens of people and tasks demand your attention
- Merging your priorities with your manager's: Travel on the same track, and get more done!
- Working with suppliers and vendors: a 4-step plan that enhances your purchasing effectiveness and improves the customer-supplier relationship!
- How to face off with people who are unwilling to compromise (and still exceed your targets!)
- Win-win negotiating: what it really means, and how to achieve it — consistently and easily
Managing, Motivating, and Leading People
- Leading when you're not in a position of authority: straightforward approaches that win the support and respect of key people
- Why people want to work with leaders … and why they hate being pushed. We'll show you the critical difference!
- What to do when your boss gives you authority but your coworkers don't accept it
- What really motivates people? You'll be surprised at how many innovative ways you can encourage people and generate excitement
- Fantastic feedback techniques: how to build "feedback loops" with coworkers and managers that keep you well-informed
- Getting things done through others: how to delegate tasks and ensure they're done right
Presentation and Communication Skills: Getting Your Point Across
- "Total communication": how to build an extensive, powerful communication "network" throughout your organization. (You'll always be "in the know!")
- Strategies for power persuasion: how to get your point across, win support, and get people on your "bandwagon."
- Be more than just an observer at meetings! Discover 8 specific actions that help you contribute more in meetings and get more out of them
- Mastering the art of presentations: time-tested tools to influence and motivate groups, individuals — anyone!
Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Should you "take the initiative"? When to bring a decision to your boss, and when to handle it yourself
- A good decision now is better than a great decision later! Find out how to attack "decision fear" in yourself and others
- Get to the bottom of any problem: a step-by-step technique to "decipher" baffling dilemmas (even complicated, long-standing problems)!
- When you can't solve a problem alone: a 6-point procedure for successful group problem-solving
Don't wait; Order today!
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||MERRILLVILLE, IN||11/28/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL||11/29/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||MILWAUKEE, WI||11/30/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||MADISON, WI||12/1/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||GREEN BAY, WI||12/2/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||SALEM, OR||12/5/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||PORTLAND, OR||12/6/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||TACOMA, WA||12/7/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||SEATTLE, WA||12/8/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||ANCHORAGE, AK||12/9/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||APPLETON, WI||12/12/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||KENOSHA, WI||12/13/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||ROCKFORD, IL||12/14/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||ELMHURST, IL||12/15/2016|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||ONTARIO, CA||1/12/2017|
|Management Skills for Secretaries, Admin Assistants & Support Staff||ATLANTA, GA||1/27/2017||
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law