Paid Sick & Family Leave: A Guide To Managing PTO In Compliance With New Employee Protections
|Date / Time:
Do you offer paid sick leave to your employees? Currently, several states and a dozen cities have paid/earned sick leave laws on their books - and that number is growing - so soon you may not have a choice.
Mandated paid sick leave is gaining support. Last September, President Obama penned a new executive order which granted up to 7 days of paid sick leave per year to employees working for federal government contractors.
National paid sick leave legislation is also pending before Congress in the form of the Healthy Families Act, legislation that would grant many employees seven days of paid sick leave annually.
Join us for an in-depth webinar on how the recent developments related to paid sick leave affect your daily operations and workplace policies, and learn best practices for administering PTO, from accurately accounting for partial day absences to instituting vacation time caps.
In just 90 minutes, you’ll learn how to create and administer an effective and legal paid-time-off policy.
- What an effective, legal PTO policy looks like
- What’s required under the new executive order requiring federal contractors to grant paid sick leave to employees
- Where paid sick leave laws have passed or are being considered across the country
- Requirements employers are subjected to concerning carryover and notice/posting requirements
- PTO administration best practices on tricky issues, including partial-day absences, use of accrued PTO during furloughs, a “use it or lose it” policy, and structuring your PTO bank
- Tactics for combining PTO leave with protected leave under FMLA
- Compliance essentials you need to know about before changing PTO accrual rates
- Smart moves to make regarding cashing out unused time and when PTO counts as a wage under state law
- PTO and the exempt employee: When you can dock their pay without jeopardizing the exemption
- Legal ways to institute caps on vacation banks
- How the use of PTO works when an employee is eligible for pregnancy disability leave or paid family leave
Plus, as a bonus for attending, you’ll get year-to-year comparisons of paid sick leave offered nationwide!
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
Paid sick and family leave, FMLA, PTO
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law