Payroll Academy: Paycheck Fundamentals
Payroll is more complex than simply adding up hours and deducting taxes from the employee's gross pay. You must follow strict rules for cafeteria and dependent care plan deductions, sick and vacation pay, T and E, garnishments, and levies, as well as multiple state and federal reporting requirements.
But don't fret, this course will help! It covers the basic, complex, and legally-dangerous paycheck issues you face each day - and gives you the tips, tools, and confidence to handle them sucessfully.
By taking this course, you will learn how to:
...and you can even earn the coveted "Certified Paycheck Fundamentals Administrator" designation!
- Properly identify, pay, and withhold taxes for employees
- Properly handle deferred compensation, cafeteria plan, sick pay, and other compensation
- Correctly handle stock options, expense reimbursements, relocation, and other "expenses"
- Follow the proper policies, procedures, and documentation requirements for garnishments and levies
- Correctly handle last and/or unclaimed paychecks
HOW THE CLASS WORKS
This course contains both self-study and instructor-led sessions. For each session, students are given chapters from the award-winning Paycheck Fundamentals Training & Certification Program to review.
Students simply complete that week's assigned chapters, then meet once a week via conference call for three consecutive weeks (dates and times posted below) to listen to the Instructor, review assignments, and get their questions asked and answered.
CLASS SCHEDULE / AGENDA
Week 1: Wages & Compensation
March 2, 2015 from 1:00 to 2:00pm Eastern
Week 2: Benefit Deductions
- Meet Your Instructor
- Review of Chapters 1-4:
- Wages and Compensation
- Employee Withholding Allowance
- Supplemental Wages and Pay Periods
- Deceased Employee Wages
- Q&A Period
- Next Week's Assignment
March 9, 2015 from 1:00 to 2:00pm Eastern
Week 3: Special Deductions/Federal Payroll Taxes
- Review of Chapters 5-10:
- Deferred Compensation
- Cafeteria Plans
- Dependent Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Third Party Sick Pay
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Q&A Period
- Next Week's Assignment
March 16, 2015 from 1:00 to 2:00pm Eastern
- Review of Chapters 11-17:
- Expense Reimbursements
- Personal Use of a Company Vehicle
- Stock Options
- Garnishments and Levies
- Expatriate Employees & International Payroll
- Federal Payroll Taxes
- Q&A Period
- Test Review (optional for those taking the test to earn the "Certified Paycheck Fundamentals Administrator" designation)
This class includes the following:
Special Bonus: PHR / SPHR Credits!
- The award-winning Paycheck Fundamentals Training & Certification Program, which includes numerous "Examples", "Administrative Tips", "Procedural Recommendations", and scenario-based, multiple-choice Interactive Quizzes that test your ability to apply the correct procedures and processes learned during training that are key to payroll administration
- Applicable Instuctor Handouts
- FREE updates for one full year whenever Payroll rules change
- Test for the "Certified Paycheck Fundamentals Administrator" designation
This program has been approved for 8 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credits.
| ||This Promotion Includes The Following Training|
| ||Course Name||Provider||Date|
| ||Included Online Training Courses|
| ||Paycheck Fundamentals Training & Certification Program||HRcertification.com||N. A.|
|About The Provider:
||HRcertification.com offers seminars and online training programs to help you better understand and administer the regulations and compliance requirements for COBRA HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, Payroll, Retirement Plans, Cafeteria Plans, and other federally-mandated compliance areas.
We also offer courses on conducting Internal Investigations, Performance Management, and Recruiting & Hiring, as well as specialty courses for HR Generalists.
Used by almost every major company and TPA in the country, each of our programs includes numerous tips, examples, recommended procedures, realistic scenarios, and interactive quizzes - all designed to help ensure you are learning.
Our programs also allow you to earn either a valuable "Certified Administrator" designation (for our online programs) or a Skills Certificate (for our in-person seminar attendees)! We also offer a "Certified TPA" Program for Third Party Administrators!
FYI, our seminars and online programs typically qualify for eight or more hours of PHR and SPHR re-certification credits. Seminar Policies
|Applicable Discounts:||Required Volume||Discount||Price|
| ||Qty: 2 - Qty: 5||$20.00||$479.00|
| ||Qty: 6 - Qty: 10||$60.00||$439.00|
| ||Qty: 11||$80.00||$419.00|
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts