Payroll Overpayment Challenges: Legal And Practical Implications
|Date / Time:
Errors happen, but when they happen in payroll and employees are overpaid it is a mine field to understand how much can be deducted from employees future pay.
Federal and state laws need to be considered as well as the type of overpayment can determine how the money is paid back.
This webinar will give you the tools to understand how to handle employee overpayments from how much can be withheld from employee pay to if an employee pays back with a personal check. We will also discuss the issues surrounding employee loans and advances.
Type of Overpayments
- Regular Pay/Bonuses
- Noncash Overpayments
Federal and State Law
- Overpayments in the Current Year
- Overpayments in a Prior Year
- Year End Reporting
About The Presenter
- Minimum Wage
- State Laws
- Methods of Repayment
Dayna J. Reum, CPP, FPC
- Currently the payroll tax manager at PetSmart Inc.
- Has been heavily involved in the payroll field for more than 15 years
- Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, she moved on to be a payroll team leader at Honeywell Inc.
- During her time at Honeywell Inc. she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association
- Received several merit awards for customer service and acquisitions, and divestiture
- Taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference
- Has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA
- Also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee)
- Received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA
- Certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How to Supervise People Seminar