Performance Appraisals That Motivate and Limit Legal Liability
|Date / Time:
Do you feel like you are stuck with employees who are not meeting the expectations of their jobs? Well, it is finally time to do something about it.
This webinar will cover how to notify employees of the conduct and performance that the employer expects, strategies for encouraging employees to improve performance, and advice on how to avoid the legal pitfalls when terminating employees who do not improve their performance.
Holding Employees Accountable
- Rationale and Benefits
- Design and Implementation
- Critical Factors to Successful Performance Management
- Formal Performance Review Planning Checklist
About The Presenter
- How Can I Coach Employee Performance?
- What Makes an Effective Performance Evaluation?
- How Do I Create Performance Improvement Plans
- How Should an Employer Document Disciplinary Action?
Julie A. Proscia
- Partner in SmithAmundsen LLC’s St. Charles office and a member of the Labor and Employment Practice Group
- Practices in both employment litigation and traditional labor issues
- Experience representing employers in federal, state and administrative venues
- Formerly worked in the human resources department of Northern Illinois University as the assistant director of Affirmative Action and Legal Compliance
- Conducted numerous internal investigations, and reviewed policies and procedures for legal compliance
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University College of Law; M.A. degree and B.A. degree, cum laude, Eastern Illinois University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts