Proofread With Perfection: Proofreading And Editing Techniques For Flawless Communication
"I have been correcting the proofs of my poems. In the morning, after hard work, I took a comma out of one sentence...In the afternoon I put it back again.”
– Oscar Wilde
Poor proofreading can cost you your job.
A misplaced decimal, a name spelled wrong, a word misused, a number transposed — brush it off and the consequences can be dire.
Don't leave this important job to chance. Find out the tricks the pros use, and catch the mistakes that can hurt your credibility and ruin your career.
Learn to proofread with perfection, get a grasp on grammar rules and elevate your editing skills. Your written communication needs to be letter-perfect. We can help. Join us for Proofread With Perfection: Proofreading and Editing Techniques for Flawless Communication.
In this 75-minute webinar, Fred Kniggendorf, Ph.D., will discuss the most common types of errors, what you can do to catch — and fix — them and the skills you need to produce effective, error-free communication.
Most readers of reports and emails are skeptical of the information contained in documents that are riddled with easily corrected surface errors. Don't let yours be one of them.
- When to use a comma before the seven coordinating conjunctions
- How to practice proofreading by watching the news on television
- One very outdated proofing tip you'll hear about at practically every writing seminar
- Why it's important that you have a style guide available when you write
- Should bulleted items have periods? We'll talk about it!
- Why you need to know basic punctuation rules
- How to recognize trite and overused business words and phrases ("Pursuant to,” "We are in receipt of”) and some suggestions of what to use instead
- What to look for when proofing and editing displayed and paragraphed lists
- Editing out wasted words (e.g., "that are,” "which is,” "who was”)
- Why you should read a document aloud. (You'll catch errors and determine how it will sound to the reader as they sub-vocalize.)
Get your proofreading and editing skills revved up with Proofread With Perfection: Proofreading and Editing Techniques for Flawless Communication. Register for this unique webinar TODAY.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PACE|
All US States: 1.5
All Canadian Provinces: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
proofreading, reports, writing, communication, email, grammar
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this webcast. Please click here to search for another course.||
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location