Protecting Your Company against Retaliation Claims
|Date / Time:
Retaliation claims remains the top charge that workers file on a yearly basis with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, totaling 42.8 percent of the charges that were filed in fiscal 2014. The high number of claims are due in part because retaliation claims are easier to prove than the underlying discrimination claims.
This webinar will provide employers a fundamental understanding of retaliation laws and how employers can protect themselves from employee retaliation claims.
Retaliation Under Title VII
Acts Constituting Protected Activity
- Persons Protected
- Persons Subject to Liability
What Constitutes Adverse Employment ActionEstablishing Causal Connection Between Protected Activity and Adverse Employment ActionOther Whistle-Blower Statutes
- Participation in Proceedings
- Opposition to Unlawful Employment Practice
teps Employers Can Do to Protect Themselves From Retaliation ClaimsAbout The Presenter
- Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Whistle-Blower Protection
- Affordable Care Act
Grace Y. Horoupian
- Partner with Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Practice focuses on representing employers in a variety of employment cases, including claims for civil rights violations, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour claims, ADA and ADEA violations, unfair business practices, misappropriation of trade secrets and class action disputes
- Provides preventive counseling and frequently presents seminars and workshops on employment issues
- Has written on numerous topics relating to her areas of expertise
- Serves as the vice chair and general counsel of the Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce, where she was honored as Member Of The Year in 2011
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D. degree, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, University of California, Northridge, California
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location