Project Management Workshop
||FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON HOTEL NORTHEAST
||9461 ROOSEVELT BLVD.
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19114
|Starting Date / Time:
||2/27/2012 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
||View Other Cities And Dates
At this seminar, you’ll learn expert techniques for building successful project teams, creating efficient plans, and implementing effective tracking measures to ensure your projects come in on deadline and on budget. In one fast-paced, well-designed day, we’ll cover all the essential elements of project management. We’ll provide practical information that will not only help you save time, but will increase the success of your projects.
You'll learn the most up-to-date, hands-on project management techniques and be able to put them to work immediately!
- Master the art of project planning, and organize your project without omissions, mistakes, or miscalculations
- Use better communications techniques to get the cooperation, support, and resources that are vital to the project's success
- Root out waste in every stage of the project — wasted time, money, and effort that endanger a project's success
- Identify and use indispensable planning and scheduling tools that assure the project is implemented exactly as planned
- Estimate time and costs with pinpoint accuracy, using a simple 3-point approach that reduces the risk of costly delays and errors
Traits of the Successful Project Manager
The Project Team
- Interpret the 5 key traits of the most successful project managers and determine your own personal strengths and weaknesses
- Discover the 5-point success blueprint of expert project managers — and why some project managers are more effective than others
- Remove the mystery and complexity from on-time/on-budget performance: insightful tips from master project planners that you can use every day
The 5-Step Project Management Model — Define, Plan, Implement, Control, and Adjust
- Analyze the structure and makeup of your project team for more precise planning
- Avoid delays and scheduling problems by assessing each team member's physical location, roles, and responsibilities
- Identify the specific skills you need as the project's manager by defining and understanding the unique organization of your team
- Employ dynamic management "team-building" techniques to improve productivity and performance from project start to finish
The Role and Use of Computers in Project Management
- Utilize a step-by-step checklist to define specific project objectives and pinpoint essential planning components
- Follow fail-safe planning formulas that put "first things first," and avoid scheduling conflicts later in the project
- Demystify professional planning models: how to simplify every kind of project with PERT, CPM, and Gantt charting techniques
- Learn the 2 key skills that help you anticipate problems before they become difficult to solve
- Master the art of progressive decision making: how to keep the project moving on track with no-stall decision-making tactics
- Determine the essentials of project control and use these principles to keep your project on time, on budget, and meeting objectives
- Build flexibility into project implementation, allowing you to handle opportunities and problems as they arise
- Recognize the 4 key advantages of computers and the 3 dangers you must avoid
- Utilize a simple 7-step evaluation to determine whether use of computers will significantly benefit your project
- Evaluate computer software options and "zero in" on the best software solution for your project
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
All US States: 5.5
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Coaching Skills For HR Professionals
The 7 Key Principles Of Leading Others In HR
The Benefits Of HR Metrics
How To Avoid Common FMLA/ADA Blunders
Stop FMLA Abuse: Guidance For Understanding the Law, Managing Headaches, and Curbing Abuse
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
I-9 And E-Verify Training Courses
Motivating Employees To Change Bad Habits
Dress Code Quandaries: Do′s and Don′ts Of An Effective Dress Code Policy
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Improve Employee Attendance: Methods, Metrics, And Trends
How To Drive HR Strategy
Open Enrollment: How To Increase Your Success &Reduce Your Stress
Employee Handbooks: Best Practices, Policies, And Procedures