Business Writing For Results Seminar
||COUNTRY INN AND SUITES
||2600 HOUSLEY RD.
ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401
|Starting Date / Time:
||3/14/2012 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
||View Other Cities And Dates
You might think that writing is a talent that a few lucky people are born with.
Sure, it comes more naturally to some, but don't buy into the myth that only certain people can write. If you've always told yourself — and others — that you just don't have a gift for writing, it's time to dispel that notion!
You can produce clear, sharp, effective copy — it's just a matter of learning a basic set of writing skills.
See Immediate Improvement In Every Writing Project!
Attend this business writing seminar and you'll learn, step-by-step, how to shape your thoughts and organize your words. Forget about stuffy grammatical rules that are complicated and hard to remember.
- No more missed deadlines! Learn professional writing techniques that help you overcome writer's block and complete every writing project faster and easier.
- Get support and approval for your ideas with proposals, letters, and memos that inform and persuade your reader.
- Use surefire tips for writing tough assignments — "bad news" memos, complaint letters, memos to top management, and more.
- Discover professional writing strategies that help you tackle even the most complex writing projects with ease.
This seminar focuses on day-to-day writing, bringing you up to speed with skills that will be useful to you for the rest of your life.
Your Writing Style
Focusing on the Reader
- Discover the surprisingly easy key to clear, professional business writing.
- Follow the 6 simple rules to guarantee clarity and simplicity in any kind of written document.
- Learn to identify your document's key words and repeat them for greater impact.
- Know the 40 words and phrases you should never use in business writing.
- Writing tone: Learn exactly what it is, and evaluate the tone you should strive for in your business communications.
- Understand the difference between the active and passive voice — and why voice is one of the most essential elements in business writing.
Organizing the Information
- Identify your specific objective — and ensure it doesn't get lost in the writing process.
- Appeal to the reader's needs: Discover powerful persuasion techniques and develop the ability to sell anything on paper.
- Use an indispensable table to identify the 5 audience types — and write a tailor-made document that really gets attention.
- Follow a simple, 3-step blueprint that will help you anticipate reaction to your writing.
Effective E-mails, Memos, and Letters
- The first word is always the hardest: Overcome writing fear that leads to delay and procrastination.
- Go from start to finish with a 5-phase plan that helps you complete any writing project with greater ease — from short memos to complex proposals.
- Develop a good outline the fast, easy way — and save time on writing and rewriting.
- Master 4 simple approaches that will ensure you write logically and clearly, whatever your objectives or audience.
Professional Reports and Proposals
- Use a 4-part quick assessment to evaluate your memos as a key reader might.
- Learn the 4 characteristics of effective business communication — and pinpoint your own strengths and weaknesses.
- Start with attention-getting openers to your correspondence — learn 11 ways to draw readers in and build rapport instantly.
- End your correspondence with strong closings that get the action and results you want.
- Break reports down into 8 basic building blocks and handle even the most complex reports with greater ease.
- Pinpoint the specific information managers want from reports — about problems, new projects and ideas, experiments and tests, and other subjects.
- Report planning made easy: Use a concise, one-page form to organize your report quickly and efficiently.
- Learn the 10 most common report-writing failures — easily prevented once you know what they are!
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
All US States: 5.5
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
Business writing seminar, Business writing class
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
New DOL Overtime Rules Passed
The Benefits Of HR Metrics
Discipline &Documentation Fundamentals For Managers And Supervisors
E-Cigarettes And No Hire Smoker Policies
Payroll Requirements For Terminated Employees
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Avoid The Most-Common FMLA/ADA Compliance Mistakes
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Excel Tips, Tricks, And Shortcuts
Coaching Skills For HR Professionals
Certified Payroll Adminstrator