Dealing with Difficult People
||OAKLAND MARRIOTT CITY CENTER
OAKLAND, CA 94607
|Starting Date / Time:
||1/25/2013 - '9:00 local time'
||View Other Cities And Dates
Do you know how to work with difficult people? How many of these personalities do you recognize?
Of course you recognize them. They're the people you work with, sell to, depend on, live with. Learn to deal with them quickly and confidently at Dealing with Difficult People. Concrete Techniques For Dealing With Difficult People In The Workplace And At Home
- The Know-It-Alls
They're arrogant and usually have an opinion on every issue. When they're wrong, they get defensive
- The Passives
These people never offer ideas or let you know where they stand
- The Dictators
They bully and intimidate. They're constantly demanding and brutally critical
- The Gripers
Is anything ever right with them? They prefer complaining to finding solutions
- The "Yes" People
They agree to any commitment, yet rarely deliver. You can't trust them to follow through
- The "No" People
They are quick to point out why something won't work. Worse, they're inflexible
Never again fall victim to those who love to make life miserable for the rest of us. This training gives you concrete techniques for dealing with difficult people in the workplace and at home.
It provides specific strategies for getting adversaries to cooperate...bullies to back off...wallflowers to open up...chronic complainers to quiet down. Knowing how to deal with difficult people at work will allow you to approach your job with more enjoyment and your coworkers with greater confidence.
Cooperation, collaboration, and compromise will improve — and that makes for a more productive and efficient workplace for everyone.
How This Program Is Structured
It's structured for maximum learning. You'll experience a carefully designed combination of:
- Informative presentation
Your trainer is skilled at sharing information in a way that's engaging. Just sit back and take it all in.
- Practice Exercises
You'll do some of these alone, and others with groups or a partner. Don't worry — no one will be singled out or embarrassed.
- Group Discussion
Get your questions answered. Share your point of view. These are some of the most stimulating segments of the program.
"… lots of practical info! I'm excited about developing my plan of action, and will look at my coworkers in a different, more open-minded and caring way."
~ Denise Weaver, Senior Benefits Specialist
Understand The Difficult People In Your Life
Learn how they think, what they fear, why they do what they do. Understanding these things makes dealing with difficult people less frustrating.
Know How To Communicate With Difficult People
- "Mapping" difficult people to gain insight into what makes them tick
- The most common mistake well-intentioned people make that actually worsens conflicts
- What a team can do with a person who isn't a team player
- The single best response to sarcasm
- 3 ways to get people to keep their word
- How to deal with a person who practices one-upmanship
- When to go to a third party for help in dealing with a problem person
At this seminar, you'll concentrate on here's-how-you-do-it techniques. You'll leave knowing how to use these techniques in specific situations when dealing with difficult people in the workplace.
Be Less Of A Target For Difficult People
- What to do when someone — even a boss — starts yelling
- What to do when someone takes credit for your idea
- How to determine if a difficult relationship is worth salvaging, and what to do if it isn't
- The best way to get someone to stop holding a grudge
- Handling the person who says one thing to you but the opposite to someone else
- When and how to go over someone's head to a superior
- Dealing with touchy people who take things personally
- How to get your boss to quit procrastinating and make a decision
Look at the difficult people in your life. Chances are, at least one person manages to get along with them. You can, too. Learn to derail problem people and teach them to treat you with respect.
Bring Out The Best In Even The Most Difficult People
- How to cope with excuse-makers and blamers
- What to do immediately when someone threatens you
- 3 tactics that prevent you from being manipulated by others
- Hot buttons: how to keep people from pushing yours
- "The boss's favorite": how to cope with the person who's perfect in the boss's eyes — but doesn't really do a fair share of the work
Let's face it, nobody's difficult all the time (and everybody is some of the time). Your new skills will help you reinforce positive behavior in even the most difficult people — at work and at home.
- How to handle a coworker who is too competitive
- How to handle someone who wants to get "too personal"
- What to do when people make promises you suspect they won't keep
- How to give an aggressive person an alternative to direct conflict
- The special body positions to use in dealing with specific kinds of difficult people (your body language can be even more powerful than what you say)
- Special for managers: how to deal with employees who don't keep commitments...have a negative attitude...or are closed-minded
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
HRCI Recertification Credits
All US States: 5.5
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
Dealing With Difficult People
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Health Care Reform And The New Reporting Requirements
How To Identify &Investigate FMLA Abuse
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
IRS Form 1099: Updates And Hot Topics
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Benefits Of An HR Audit
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Bullying &Incivility: How To Protect Your Workplace
IRS Rules For Employees With Work Visas
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
The Essentials Of HR Law
Payroll Reporting Academy
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location
Certified Payroll Manager