Making the Transition from Staff to Supervisor
||HYATT REGENCY WAIKIKI RESORT AND SPA
||2424 KALAKAUA AVE
HONOLULU, HI 96815
|Starting Date / Time:
||3/20/2017 - '9:00 local time'
||View Other Cities And Dates
Have you recently been promoted to a new position as a manager or supervisor?
Moving into a position of authority means meeting new challenges, taking on new responsibilities, and mastering new skills. It also puts you in line for greater rewards at work — including positive recognition from peers and higher-ups, increased job satisfaction, and better benefits.
That′s all well and good, but as a new supervisor, you may feel overwhelmed by all your new responsibilities, anxious about the transition, and stressed out about moving from "coworker" to "boss".
You may worry about the way others will react to your new supervisor status … have concerns about keeping up with a tougher workload … and wonder how to handle the new tasks you will be faced with: hiring, disciplinary action, even firing.
Training To Ease The Transition …
This supervisory training was specifically designed to address the needs of anyone who is new to managing others. What you learn here will arm you with a powerful new set of skills, strategies, and techniques for dealing with the issues you will encounter as you take on your new position and move forward in your career.
You will find out how to relate well to former peers who are now your subordinates, and you′ll learn the communication skills that will help you handle these changing relationships in a way that′s comfortable for everyone. You′ll discover secrets for motivating and encouraging people to do their "personal best" for you, and find out how to discipline firmly and fairly, without creating resentment.
This supervisory training will not only show you how to positively influence the behavior of your employees, but also reveal ways to handle negative forces such as gossip, rumors, and poor attitudes…and put you on course for success!
- How to communicate more effectively as a new supervisor
- When to be flexible, and when to stand firm
- 5 steps for building trust and gaining respect
- How to develop your own personal management style
- Strategies for motivating others to achieve results
- The truth about discipline — how to handle uncomfortable situations
- What every new supervisor and manager should know about hiring and firing
- Time management skills that really work
- And much, much more!
Managing Your New Employees
- Ways to transition from coworker to authority figure without seeming domineering or "bossy"
- How to deal with the person who wanted the job you just got
- Strategies for managing people who have more experience than you do
- How to thrive when your success is based on the accomplishments of your team, not your individual work
- Why you must honestly assess your own behavioral and communication styles — and modify them if necessary
- The key differences between communicating up and down the corporate ladder
- Critical listening skills every successful supervisor must master
- 5 steps for building trust and gaining respect — even among less-than-cooperative employees
- Tips and tools for managing the people you inherited
- Essential skills for building your own "dream team"
- Delegation: why it′s not your chance to give others the jobs you don′t like
- How to set positive examples without seeming saintly
- The secret of success: achieving results through others
- What your employees want from you — and what you can give them
- The art of appreciation — when, where, and how to praise
- How to recognize and motivate underachievers
- The right way to discipline
- From buddy to boss — can we still be friends?
- What do you do now? (The skills that got you here won′t necessarily keep you here)
- How to identify and eliminate your own personal roadblocks to success
- 4 of the most common pitfalls in the transition to management
- The language of supervision — performing a SWOT analysis
- Ways to change your focus from "depth of knowledge" to "breadth of understanding"
- How to manage others successfully when you′re in the dual role of worker and supervisor
- Hiring and firing: what every new supervisor must know about these hot-button topics
- More work, responsibility, and pressure — how to stay on top of everything without losing your cool
- Tips that keep meetings on time, on track, and on target (it isn′t hard if you follow our guidelines!)
- How to develop your own personal plan for professional growth — and stick to it for the long term
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud