Work Faster And Smarter With Excel!
It's frustrating to know what Excel can do, but not understand the techniques to accomplish it.
In one day, you will learn not only the formulas, database techniques, and macro commands that make work go faster, but you will also learn the tips and keystroke commands the pros rely on to make data more useful and worksheets easier to manipulate.
It's A Wise Investment!
One day never delivered so much practical, real-world computer skills training. You'll improve your productivity tenfold. Complicated charts and graphs that once took hours to compile will now take only minutes to set up and assemble.
You'll learn when it makes sense to use a macro, how to debug a macro, and how to create and manage a PivotChart. Key code shortcuts you learn will transform multistep processes into single, simple moves. Even the advanced linking and data exchange operations you once dreaded will become easier.
The skills you'll gain in this one-day advanced program make it the single best investment you can make in Excel training. Not only will you leave with a wealth of exciting new techniques and shortcuts, but you'll also receive a handy workbook guide that summarizes key tips for easy reference. It's a lot of value for your investment.
An Accelerated One-Day Workshop To Make You A Microsoft Excel Pro!
- Improve the quality, accuracy, and usefulness of every Excel worksheet!
- Use the Visual Basic Editor to eliminate repetitive keystrokes and save time
- Create visually exciting charts by adding graphics with customized drawing tools!
- Discover the most important database functions and how they work
- Collect and format data the easiest way!
- Develop PivotCharts® and manage them in a snap
You'll learn from a business professional who speaks your language and has extensive experience using Excel in a real-world office like yours. Our hands-off teaching methods ensure you won't waste valuable time entering data, correcting mistakes, and waiting for other seminar attendees to catch up.
We'll cover as much material as possible together and let you practice on your own back at work.
Setup and Editing Success
- 7 Rules that make worksheet setup easy
- How to conceal data in cells, columns, and rows without losing it
- 3 steps to protect your data
- 9 keyboard shortcuts that will cut hours from your work
- Tips on changing chart attributes without losing data
- How to manipulate multiple ranges with Autofill
- The overlooked problem-solver for naming ranges
- The end of data entry drudgery — how to get the software to do it for you
Formulas and Functions That Cut Work Down to Size
- Tips for building complex formulas quickly and accurately
- How to utilize the hundreds of functions at your fingertips
- How to use absolute and mixed cells
- Logic Functions — the If, And, and Or statements that make data more usable
- 7 formulas you can use right away to select, extract, and combine text entries
How to Make the Most of Macros
- When to use an automated procedure or macro — and when not to
- Tips for recording a complex macro and ensuring it runs easily
- How to assign command buttons to macros
- Techniques for debugging a macro, as easy as 1, 2, 3
- How to start — and use — the Visual Basic Editor
Data Exchange with Other Applications
- Specific steps for sharing data with Microsoft PowerPoint®, Access®, Word, and other platforms
- How to save your Excel work in a web-friendly format
The Power of Tables, Databases and Lists
- How to sort to maximize the data's usability
- Auditing: a visual map of your formulas
- How to build and manage a PivotChart that's everything management wants
- The best way to analyze equations with scenarios
- A shortcut for calculating trends and projecting future ones
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.