Corporate Immigration Compliance Officer Training
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
Our "Corporate Immigration Compliance Officer Training" provides training on your organization's immigration compliance responsibilities.
This one-day training seminar provides concrete guidance on:
- ICE's approach to immigration enforcement
- How to create and implement an effective Immigration Compliance Program
- ICE Best Practices for Employers
- How to Complete and Store I-9 documents
- How to Conduct an I-9 Self-Audit
- Dealing with Social Security No-Match Letters
- E-Verify, including new E-Verify requirements for federal contractors
- How to respond to an ICE notice of inspection
- Is ready for Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) stepped-up enforcement efforts!
You also receive a model policy that is ready to use or customize!
Part One: Why Employers Should Conduct I-9 Self-Audits
- Keep Your Business in Order
- Because the Government Says So
- Government Has Stepped Up Immigration Enforcement Against Employers
- Self I-9 Audits are part of ICE BEST PRACTICES
- Understand the Risk and Prevent Liability
- Why I-9 Audits Should Be Part of the Employer Immigration Compliance Plan
- Written Procedures
Part Two: When to Conduct I-9 Audits
- ICE Says Employers Should Conduct I-9 Audits Every 12 Months
- Base Audit and Annual Audits
- Sample Audit Schedule
- What About "Emergency" Audits?
- Who Should Conduct I-9 Audits
- "External Auditing Firm" or "Trained Employee Not Otherwise Involved in the I-9 Process"
- How to Choose an External I-9 Auditing Firm
- How to Train and Authorize Internal I-9 Auditors
Part Three: Overview of the I-9 Audit Process
- Preparing for I-9 Audits
- Collect Original I-9s and Supporting Documents
- Obtain Current Employee List
- Sample I-9 Audit Sheet
- Let's Brush Up on the USCIS's I-9 Employer Handbook
- Preliminary I-9 Audit Report
- What the Preliminary Audit May Show
- Confidential or Not?
- How to Record I-9 Audit Notes
- Find and Write Up the Errors
- Provide Instructions on How to Correct and Note
- How to Handle Difficult Cases
- How to Write an I-9 Preliminary Audit Report Summary
- Sample I-9 Audit Preliminary Report Outline
Part Four: Post-Audit Training
- Why Post I-9 Audits Training Is Crucial
- Who Needs to be Trained
- Post-Audit Training Agenda and Materials
- How to Record Post-Audit Training
- How to Make Post-Audit Corrections
- How to Make Correction on Original I-9s
- How to Record Corrections on I-9 Audit Sheets
- Making Sure Audit Corrections Are Made
- Why Employers Need to Follow Up on I-9 Corrections
- Sample Re-Audit Sheets
- Final Audit Report
- Summarize Audit Findings and Actions Taken
- Sample Final I-9 Audit Report Outline
- When Does it All End: How Much Further Follow Up is Needed
- Have an "Ongoing Project" Attitude in Mind
- Apply Reasonable Efforts
Part Five: Why Keeping I-9 Audit Records is Important
- Method and Place of Storage
- Hard Copy
- Electronic Copy
- Where Are My I-9 Audit Records?
Part Six: Related Issues
- Contractor Immigration Certification Audits
- Audits Requested by Clients and Customers
- Government I-9 Audits
- Employer Immigration Compliance Plan Annual Update
Dates / Times / How You Earn Your Certificate
This one-day seminar is held from 8:30am to 4:30pm on the dates posted herein. Certificates are mailed directly to participants.
Act today to be confident of what steps to take if ICE comes calling!
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 7.5
|About The Provider:
||I-9Seminars.com, is a nationwide provider of cutting-edge employer immigration compliance training for HR professionals, management, business owners, I-9 administrators and business lawyers.
Our mission is to have the best industry experts on I-9s, E-Verify, and other Employer Immigration Compliance issues, share their expertise with professionals in the field.
In addition to training, we provide expert analysis on a daily basis covering corporate immigration compliance and work visas and any significant development affecting businesses in the field of Immigration Law.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
I-9 audit, Form I-9, compliance, immigration compliance, E-Verify, I-9 training, ICE enforcement, ICE best practices, I-9 Administrators, immigration
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this seminar. Please click here to search for another course.||
How To Conduct A Reasonable Accommodation Discussion
Workers' Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, & Other Fringe Benefits
What To Do With Unclaimed Paychecks
FMLA, The Flu, And Other Non-Chronic Sicknesses: When Do Short-Term Illnesses Become A "Serious Health Condition"?
How To Improve HR's Credibility
HR Auditing: A Critical Tool For Measuring And Managing HR Policies And Risks
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
New Hire Onboarding: Practical Advice to Boost Performance & Retention
Cloud Computing Basics For HR And Payroll
Discipline & Documentation Fundamentals For Managers And Supervisors
Workers' Compensation Tips: 31 Practical Tips That Strengthen Your Workers' Comp Program - And Your Bottom Line
Inpats & Expats: Payroll Compliance Tips
Payroll Operations Academy
401(k) Training & Certification Program
Certificate In Employee Benefits Law Seminar