Format: Webcast/Audio Conference/Interview/Podcast
The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
|Date / Time:
||Just one bad apple is all it takes to infect the entire work force and demoralize everybody. Don’t let things go too far — learn how to put a strategy in place to combat negativity.
When confronted with employees who complain, criticize or try to stir up trouble, managers often feel frustrated and helpless. They may quickly assume that there is no way to change these “personality problems,” so they just do their best to contain the damage. However, tolerating such harmful behaviors is definitely NOT the smartest strategy.
Chronic negativity frequently starts with only one or two employees, but it can quickly infect an entire department. When this happens, the inevitable result is reduced productivity, damaged morale, and eventually increased turnover, so wise managers try to nip negativity in the bud.
This 75-minute webinar will include the following topics:
Banishing workplace negativity increases productivity, decreases turnover and boosts morale. Imagine how that will make you look as a manager.
- 6 signs that your office may be infected with negativity
- The hidden costs of a chronic negativity problem
- Diagnosing the cause: What makes some people so negative?
- Employees from the dark side: whiners, complainers, critics & pessimists
- Active troublemakers: tattletales, gossips, bullies & rabble-rousers
- 7 effective weapons in the war against negativity
- How you may actually be rewarding your employees’ negative behavior
- 5-step Behavioral Coaching process that really makes an impact
- How to re-engage resentful employees by flipping their "motivational switch"
- Using the Team Turnaround process to “disinfect” an entire group
- Termination: when removing the cause is the only cure
- Recognizing systemic problems: 13 signs of a toxic workplace
- Strategies for saving your sanity in a toxic organization
Don't let negativity ruin your team.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:
||Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
The live versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you’re new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We’ll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information