|′Performing workplace investigations thoroughly and effectively are necessary in minimizing the risks of litigation today.
Unfortunately, even the best HR professionals deal with obstacles that can throw a case off track. And usually – whether the person is a top sales producer or some other "protected" employee - it’s politics that get in the way.
Often, senior leaders wish to protect individuals that are key to the organization’s success, regardless of - or not knowing about - the risks of negligent retention.
In this informative audio conference, you will learn how to pave the way for a great investigation, skillfully handle political challenges, and get a case closed without losing your sanity - or your job!
- Learn how to obtain the authority to lead and manage workplace investigations
- Learn how to overcome “turf wars” when supervisors don’t want to cooperate with investigators
- Learn how to maintain keep information confidential during the investigation
- Identify tough intimidation issues and how to build your confidence when challenged as an investigator
- Learn techniques for effectively communicating the working hypothesis of a case so you’re speaking the same language as the boss
- Understand the need for presenting preliminary findings
- Learn how to conduct a preliminary findings meeting to skillfully handle political challenges and learn of potential negligent retention issues
About Your Speaker
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., (www.rpchr.com), a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her “tell-it-like-it-is”, direct approach to teaching leadership and HR education.
Her specific areas of expertise and that of her firm’s include: designing and delivering contemporary leadership training with emphasis on people skills; employee relations and legal compliance training courses for HR and management teams; and consulting with employers on how to improve organizational behavior and employee performance.
PHR \ SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. ′
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.