Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
|Date / Time:
Many employers are now confronting difficult ADA issues from service animals in the workplace.
This webinar will give the you the tools to know what animals qualify as service animals and how an employer can determine if an animal is really a service animal versus a comfort animal.
We will also address if an employer must provide food, a relief area, someone to walk a service animal and breaks for walking. You will also learn when a service animal may be excluded from the workplace or certain areas and best practices if an employer is confronted by an employee requesting to bring a service animal to work and potential conflicts with other employees who are allergic to or afraid of dogs.
What Is a Service Animal?
How May an Employer Lawfully Determine If an Animal Is a Service Animal?
- The Department of Justice Guidance
- Can Animals Other Than Dogs Be Service Animals?
- What Is the Difference, If Any, Between Companion, Assistive, Therapy, Comfort or Social/Therapy Animals and Service Animals?
Workplace Issues From Service Animals
- What Questions May an Employer Ask?
- May an Employer Demand Documentation That an Animal Is a Service Animal?
- Must Employers Permit Employees to Train Service Animals in the Workplace?
What If Other Employees Are Allergic to or Afraid of Service Animals?
- Who Must Control a Service Animal?
- What If the Service Animal Is Not House Broken or Barks Loudly and Often?
- Must Employers Provide a Place for a Service Animal to Relieve Itself?
- Must Employers Provide Break Time for an Employee to Take a Service Animal to Relieve Itself?
About The Presenter
- How Does an Employer Resolve Such Conflicts?
Frank C. Morris, Jr.
- Chair, employment law practice in Washington, D.C. and co-chair of the ADA and Public Accommodations Group for the national law firm of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Speaker on the ADA and employment law to the judicial conferences for the federal judges of Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eleventh Circuits
- Adjunct professor at the George Washington University Law School
- Named to Best Lawyers in America and a Super Lawyer for Washington, D.C. by Super Lawyers magazine, and Washington, D.C. and Baltimore’s Top Rated Lawyers
- Represents and counsels employers and public accommodations nationally in employment, labor, leave and disability matters
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program