Unclaimed Property: Why Your Company Can't Afford NOT To Be In Compliance
|Date / Time:
||4/25/2017 / 1:00 pm - 2:40 pm EST
With increased state enforcement of unclaimed property laws, along with intensified media attention to consumer protection, and jurisdictional issues that have arisen between the states, the spotlight on unclaimed property is more intense than ever.
Never before has it warranted the time and attention of executives in every organization as it does today. This webinar will bring to light the current unclaimed property landscape and how the risk of noncompliance may be a risk not worth taking.
Defining Unclaimed Property
Why It's an Obligation and Not an Option
- No, It's Not Real Estate. What Is It? Where Does It Come From? How Do You Know If Your Company Is Holding Unclaimed Property?
What Are Your Responsibilities as a Holder?
- Each State Has an Unclaimed Property Law and No Two Are the Same, but All States Have a Filing Deadline. You May Even Be Required to File If You Have No Unclaimed Property to Report
What Are the Risks of Noncompliance?
- Responsibilities to Your Customers and to the State - Who Comes First?
How to Get Into Compliance
- Fines, Penalties, Interest, Audit – and Maybe Some Bad Publicity
Current Trends, Legislation and Looking Into the Unclaimed Property Crystal BallAbout The Presenter
- Controlling Your Own Destiny – Voluntary Compliance and Self-Assessments
Maureen Ferrari Grollman
- Managing Partner at UP Advocates (Unclaimed Property Advocates LLC)
- Leads the UP Advocates annual reporting and advisory services initiatives, tailoring clients’ policies and procedures to specific compliance needs, offering risk assessments to evaluate potential unclaimed property liabilities, or providing a fully outsourced annual reporting solution
- Joined UP Advocates from a leading national consulting firm where she was managing director of Unclaimed Property Reporting, and previously VP-Operations; in these roles she managed a 20 person staff servicing more than 350 reporting clients; clients served came from industries including manufacturing, financial institutions, life insurance, utilities, oil and gas, transfer agents, broker dealers and mutual funds
- Started her unclaimed property career at the Pennsylvania Treasury, Bureau of Unclaimed Property, where among other duties she managed the State’s voluntary disclosure program (VDA), counseling and assisting companies with Pennsylvania’s statutory compliance obligations
- Member of the Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO)
- Frequently speaks at national conferences on the topic of unclaimed property compliance
- Post-Baccalaureate diploma marketing communications and B.A. degree, political science, Elizabethtown College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program