The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
||Who leaps buildings in a single bound? Who is doing it all without getting the respect shown to many? The lone person in the one-stop HR department - that's who.
A one-person HR shop is all things to all employees and managers, so they need to know a lot about a lot and they also need to know when to stop and seek advice.
If you run a one-person HR department, this training session will help you develop a plan to prioritize the operational, compliance, and people needs of your business, including:
About Your Speaker
- How to recognize the most common legal pitfalls that cause legal problems
- What to do if an employee brings you news of harassing or discriminatory behavior
- What to do when an employee has an accident - even if it seems minor
- What to do when an employee is struggling to do their job
- How being "nice" can come back to hurt your own job
- How to recognize when it may be an FMLA request vs. "just being sick"
- How to refer employees to the EAP without making the situation worse
- Maintaining your line of authority
- How to get new employees off to a good start fast
- How to give and get effective feedback
- The 10 things good documentation contains
Teri Morning, SPHR, has over 15 years organizational development and teaching experience in a variety of professional fields for both profit and non-profit companies.
In addition to a MBA, Teri also has a Masterís degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in Conflict Management, is certified in mediation skills, is qualified as a Myers-Briggs practitioner, and holds the SHRM certification of a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells audio conferences, webcasts, seminars, and other training courses for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information