The IRS has made recent updates to the federal Form 940 as well as changes to payroll unemployment taxes.
And though for years the only changes we payroll professionals had to worry about was normal rate changes for state unemployment each year, these changes – and the financial positions of states regarding unemployment benefits – now make audits and compliance a riskier proposition.
But don't fret! This training session reviews the necessary updates, how payroll professionals are affected, and how to stay in compliance.
- Understanding who and what earnings are subject to unemployment taxes
- A review of FUTA tax rate and tax depositing
- Discuss Form 940 changes and common mistakes made
- How FUTA &SUTA interact - and why it is important to understand
- Discussion on the status of the state unemployment system and how it will affect your job in the coming years
- Details of the FUTA Credit Reductions
- What is the SIDES program and what its impact will be
- How to reduce and maintain your SUI rates
About Your Speaker:
Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC, is a payroll professional with over 15 years experience in both teaching and handling payroll.
Ms. Reum holds both a Certified Payroll Professional and a Fundamental Payroll Certification designation, and is a frequent presenter on various payroll topics. Dayna has worked for companies such as PetSmart, Honeywell, and the American Payroll Association.
Dayna also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, has received a Citation of Merit and is a Gold Pin member of the APA. She is certified in HR hiring and firing practices, and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.