Creating A Winning Workforce: Becoming An Effective Manager
||Online Training Course
Being good at one's job does not automatically make one an effective manager. Managing employees is more about human relations than specific products or services. It may not always be easy, but it can be very rewarding.
Organizations want to get the most out of their employees. Employees want to get the most out of their work. A manager’s job is to effectively balance these competing and often conflicting interests. This isn’t always easy because organizations and employees view managers in very different ways.
Organization: Productivity is not the responsibility of the worker but of the manager.
Employees: Management mostly consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.
Nevertheless, it is a manager’s job to walk the line and help organizations and employees each achieve their respective goals. This requires dedication, hard work and understanding the fundamentals of management. This course will teach you how to create a winning workforce by becoming an effective manager.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to: Become an effective manager by:
- getting the work done;
- developing employees
- creating a network of influence.
Motivate employees by:
- creating a motivating environment
- respecting employees
- investing in long-term goals.
Delegate effectively by:
- defining the task
- delegating the task
- assuring results.
- Focusing on organizational goals and managing workflow
- Managing workflow and being decisive
- Creating a healthy work environment and understanding the performance cycle
- Coaching, listening and empowering employees
- Influencing peers and making your boss look good
- Providing purpose, challenge and a positive environment
- Clarifying expectations
- Assessing and adjusting the work environment
- Honoring individuality and cultivating autonomy
- Earning trust and strengthening motivational roots
- Going the extra mile and leading proactively
- Identifying desired results and providing context
- Determining necessary competencies
- Planning the discussion and outlining requirements
- Transferring responsibility and authority
- Agreeing on an approach and confirming understanding
- Monitoring progress and assessing outcomes
The following forms and documents can be downloaded and printed:
- Aligning Purposes Form
- Delegating Performance Feedback Form
- Delegation Discussion Checklist
- Delegation Follow-Up and Feedback Form
- Delegation Planning Worksheet
- Employee Effectiveness Evaluation Form
- Management Performance Feedback Form
- Motivating Personality Types
- Motivation Performance Feedback Form
- Motivational Tips
- Priority Matrix
- Work Process Flow Chart
- Worksheet for Giving Feedback
Managers, Supervisors, Human Resources and Other Business Professionals
TIME TO COMPLETE
210 - 225 minutes
To teach the fundamentals of creating a winning workforce by becoming an effective manager.
HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE
This program has been approved for 3.5 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 3.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 3.5
|About The Provider:
||Founded in 1997 by a group of risk management, insurance, and human resources professionals, The Human Equation offers knowledge, training, coaching, and research support on human resources and risk management in both traditional and web-based environments.
Our high-quality e-Learning materials deliver real-world and cost-effective instruction that result in improved employee productivity and reduced employer risk.
The Human Equation's mission is to significantly improve business performance for organizations of all sizes by promoting a fundamental awareness of, and learning solutions for, operational and employment risks.
The Human Equation's products and services portfolio includes a variety of learning solutions that include web-based training courses, labor consulting and coaching helplines, a research repository of news, forms, documents and policies, and an Employee Report Line that manages employee grievances.
Each of our courses are legally reviewed, certified by the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) for excellence in instruction and design, and accredited by The Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) for re-certification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification.
|Applicable Discounts:||Required Volume||Discount||Price|
| ||Qty: 10||$3.33||$29.93|
| ||Qty: 25||$4.99||$28.26|
| ||Qty: 50||$6.65||$26.60|
| ||Qty: 100||$8.31||$24.94|
| ||Qty: 250||$9.98||$23.28|
| ||Qty: 500||$11.64||$21.61|
| ||Qty: 750||$13.30||$19.95|
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
HRCI PHR SPHR PDC SHRM
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location