Our Editing Skills course teaches you how to manage editing projects and rewrite to polish documents. It contains assignments, practice activities, and written competency exams to help ensure your learning.
Similar to how college classes work, you do your assigned work on your own, then submit it to your instructor, who grades, comments upon, and returns the assignment to you. The instructor will coach you in this way until you master the skills. FYI, your instructor is also available via email or phone.
By attending this course, you will learn how to:
- Edit sentences to make them clear, concise, cohesive, and elegant
- Develop paragraphs that are clearly organized
- Select vocabulary that is accurate and descriptive
- Edit for organization so you can produce documents that readers cannot misunderstand
You also receive specific instruction on how to:
- Prepare for Editing
- Edit to Give the Document Focus
- Edit to Give the Document Cohesiveness
- Edit the Introduction, Format, and Conclusion
- Edit Paragraphs for Focus and Continuity
- Edit Paragraphs for Emphasis and Variety
- Know the Basic Structure of a Sentence
- Build Meaningful Sentences
- Write Effective Sentences
- Add Sentence Variety
- Work with Problem Sentences
- Write Concisely
- Use Precise Words
- Use Clear Words for Concepts
How To Access Your Course:
This course contains 13 lessons and requires approximately 30 hours of study. Complete lessons at your own pace, as long as you finish them within four months from date of registration. Instructions for accessing your course materials, plus your Instructor's contact information, will be emailed to you within two business days of registration.
|About The Provider:
||The Business Writing Center offers 41 courses in business writing, from basic grammar to writing audit reports and software documentation.
We train business writers by coaching them through writing and revising documents to make them clear, concise, and professional.
The Center also trains and certifies corporate trainers, college faculty, and anyone interested in teaching explicit business writing skills.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism