Disabilities In The Workplace
A disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of a person's major life activities.
Employers often struggle with how to respond and cope with workers with disabilities, but learning the basics about etiquette, as well as rights and responsibilities as outlined by the American Disabilities Act, or ADA, can make the situation better for everyone.
This course describes the ADA, the benefits of hiring workers with disabilities, types of disabilities, reasonable accommodations, interviewing and etiquette, as well as how to prevent and deal with discrimination.
Topics Covered in This Course:
- Describe the goals of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Differentiate between types of disabilities
- Identify an employer's rights and responsibilities regarding employees with disabilities
- Define the concepts of reasonable accommodations and undue hardship
- Identify the do's and don'ts about interviewing applicants with disabilities
- Describe the proper etiquette to use when working and communicating with workers with disabilities
- Describe how to prevent discrimination, as well as how to deal with it if it does occur
You Also Receive:
In addition to your DVD, you will receive a link to download the following documents to save and print as needed:
Based On: Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: Title I and Title V
- Leader's Guide
- Answer Sheet
Time: 31 Minutes (19 min. video + 12 min. test)
|About The Provider:
||ConvergenceTraining.com specializes in developing industrial and manufacturing training content and software designed to simplify skills & compliance training.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar