When it comes to reading faster and remembering more of what you've read, there's just no program comparable to Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics!
Designed to focus on the needs of executives, upper-level management, and busy professionals, this breakthrough program is a must-attend event for anyone wishing to boost productivity, work smarter, and process written information more quickly.
As business executives know all too well, time is a precious commodity - there's never enough, and what you do have, you need to use wisely and to your best advantage. As a leader in today's corporate arena, you must be prepared to manage and process information; make swift, informed decisions to drive your organization forward; and remain on top of competitor strategies, changing trends, and new technologies.
With so much critical information being presented in reading material, slower readers are at a decided disadvantage when it comes to keeping on top of all the documents that cross their desks in an average workday.
The Program Of Choice For Leaders In Every Field
Today's most respected leaders have taken advantage of the powerful benefits of Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics. U.S. presidents, cabinet members, heads of state, legislators, Fortune 500 executives and CEOs, judges, scientists - graduates of this program are found at the top of every field.
Research has shown that business professionals spend up to three hours, or 38% of their day, reading through business-related documents. That leaves less than two-thirds of the day to devote to more productive tasks.
This seminar covers all aspects of reading productivity, and is geared especially to the needs of time-deprived executives and business leaders.
We'll address business reading, technical reading, note taking, and memory skills, as well as organizational skills and controlled reading time.
This proven program will free up much of the time you're spending on reading, re-reading, and laborious note taking. With the skills, tools, and techniques you'll master here, slow reading, poor comprehension, and low retention are all a thing of the past.
Evelyn Wood's 4 Basic Concepts
- Learn how 4 basic ideas can eliminate your old reading habits and move you toward highly efficient, "visual" reading
- Train yourself to read vertically, and eliminate slow, unproductive "line reading"
- See the big picture in everything you read — you'll understand the form and organization of the material before you read it
- Try 5 quick exercises that help you recognize and accept the "visual impressions" in everything you read, and participate in three innovative self-tests to sharpen your new skills in visual reading
Increase Reading Speed
- Discover how natural speed readers cover material 2 to 3 times faster than the average reader
- Do you "hear yourself read"? Find out how this common practice impairs your reading speed and comprehension
- Improve your concentration skills and avoid outside distractions that interfere with reading
- Gain a vital skill to comprehend what you're reading as you read it — and stop re-reading bits and pieces to improve your comprehension
- Learn 4 ways to "break in" books and publications before you begin to read. You'll increase reading comfort and ease page turning
- Practice using your hand as a virtual reading tool. You'll learn basic hand motions that help you keep your place and pace
Better Memory and Recall
- Find out how to recall information from material you've read — as much or as little as you need
- Establish a personal "recall pattern" — a logical process that improves your memory skills tremendously
- Discover how to "preview" material and commit it to memory. You'll remember more of what you've read — with less effort
Note-Taking and Listening Skills
- Master 4 ways to take better notes at meetings, seminars, and presentations — you'll get all the important information without trying to record every detail
- Create the ideal study environment and develop a "mental set" that aids retention of the material
- Use the time management "pyramid" to maximize your efforts with all types of reading — from complex, highly technical material to lengthy proposals, longer articles, legal briefs, and other documents
Improved Reading Comprehension
- Do you really understand what you read? Learn the 5 levels of reading comprehension, and discover ways to improve your present comprehension level
- Utilize 10 simple tips for long-term memory and recall. You'll remember information longer than the average reader
- Discover powerful methods for improving your understanding and comprehension while actually increasing your reading speed
Report and Presentation Techniques
- Implement a 6-step procedure that streamlines preparation time for reports, presentations, papers, speeches, and more
- Learning Objectives use the "Multiple Reading Process" to find and compile sources of information for reports and presentations. You'll be better organized and save time, too
- Get dozens of effective hints for writing first drafts and final reports with greater speed and clarity
Tips for Clearing Out Your Inbox
- Employ proven tips to help you read journals, magazines, and other publications with greater speed and comprehension
- Power through your inbox with indispensable reading methods for letters, reports, technical materials, and correspondence
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!