|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
Get up-to-date information on all aspects of collecting debts, including:
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Collection practices that put you in violation of the FDCPA
- Strategies and techniques to gain faster results
- Legal action — know when to consider it, and understand your limitations
- Requirements to remain compliant with all government laws and regulations
- Collections agencies — how they work, when an agency fits your needs, and how to protect your interests
- How and when to document your actions
Collect what's owed to you — legally, fairly and promptly
In this comprehensive one-day seminar, you'll discover information, strategies and techniques to help you collect debts more swiftly, protect your assets more effectively and minimize the risk of costly lawsuits, fines and judgments being levied against you.
Whether you collect primarily from consumers, businesses or large corporations, what you learn here will make your job that much easier!
Don't just assume you're in compliance...be absolutely positive!
Did you know that even one harmless mistake can put you in violation of the FDCPA and set you up for a costly, time-consuming legal battle? What you learn here will enable you to take a careful look at your organization's collection policies and procedures, adjust them if necessary, and ensure that your collection practices are within the law at all times.
You will become familiar with specific collection activities and practices that can put you in violation of the FDCPA. Then, you'll learn alternative methods of handling your debtors that won't land you in a legal bind.
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, vice-presidents and other professionals who work in any of the following areas will gain invaluable information from Collections Law: Collections, Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Sales, Customer Service, Small Business, Operations, Law or Credit.
With the powerful skills, strategies and tools you'll master here, you'll find that collecting money owed to you is faster, easier and less stressful than you ever thought possible.
Most importantly, you'll gain a clearer understanding of the legal machinations involved in the collection process...and never again make uninformed decisions that could place your organization under legal duress.
Strategies For Collecting Debts Owed - Quickly And Legally
- Discover how to best use credit applications to ensure prompt payment
- Implement skip tracing: using today's technology to your advantage
- Understand and comply with federal laws that regulate skip-tracing activity
- Be aware of how to handle out-of-state judgments
- Discover important information about collecting from commercial firms, including corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships
- Learn ways to adjust your policies to ensure faster collection and better cash flow
- Improve your telephone persona — how to master telephone collection techniques that get results fast
- Avoid common mistakes A/R professionals make in letters, e-mails and phone calls that can land their organizations in legal trouble
- Uncover records and information concerning hidden assets that can be used to collect debts owed to you
- Identify bad checks, and know the legal procedures to follow as soon as you've received one
- Discover the truth about post-dated checks — is there ever a "right time" to accept one?
When a bankruptcy is involved ¡ can you still collect?
- Learn the recent changes to bankruptcy law that can affect your collection procedures
- Collect on past-due accounts when your debtor has filed for bankruptcy
- Know your rights as a debt collector during a debtor's bankruptcy
- Understand creditor options under Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings, and learn how debt collectors are affected
- Protect your interests before a bankruptcy becomes imminent
Complying with FDCPA rules, regulations and statutes
- Familiarize yourself with recent decisions concerning the FDCPA that can affect your compliance
- Know the most common violations of the FDCPA (are you guilty of any of these?)
- Participate in everyday scenarios to test your knowledge of FDCPA compliance
- Learning Objectives set up compliance procedures that are consistent throughout your organization
- Monitor letters and phone calls: how to make sure every word and phrase are within legal guidelines
- Discover the real consequences you'll face if charged with FDCPA violations
- Understand the differences between consumer debt and commercial debt according to the FDCPA
- Recognize your rights as a debt collector vs. your debtor's rights — what you need to know about FDCPA updates, changes, and guidelines
- Address recent cases involving FDCPA procedures — how and why the courts ruled as they did
- Understand the Federal Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act: compliance issues that could affect your collection procedures
When your collection procedures aren't getting the results you want
- Bring tougher collection tactics into play, while still remaining in legal compliance with FDCPA guidelines
- Choose the right options for legally locating debtors and applying greater pressure on them
- Familiarize yourself with collection agencies: how they work, why their tactics succeed, and what they can offer you
- Determine if an outside collection agency is right for your needs ¡ or if it's best to continue on your own
- Choose a reputable collections agency: what to look for, what to avoid and how to protect your own interests
- Prepare for legal team involvement — when to take this step, how to go about it, and concerns to bear in mind
Protecting your company's assets in court
- Determine when it is time to consider legal action for past-due amounts
- Take your debtors to court: what you need to know about this "last chance" option
- Learn documentation procedures that will stand up in court
- Discover how to handle post-judgment legal concerns
- Find out the best way to collect judgments: wage garnishments, installment and lump sum payments, foreclosures, and more
- Know what to do when you are sued: top legal defenses for protecting your company's assets and interests
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|Collections Law||HAUPPAUGE, NY||10/4/2016|
|Collections Law||NEW YORK, NY||10/5/2016|
|Collections Law||SADDLE BROOK, NJ||10/6/2016|
|Collections Law||EDISON, NJ||10/7/2016|
|Collections Law||CHARLOTTE, NC||10/11/2016|
|Collections Law||PORTLAND, OR||10/12/2016|
|Collections Law||GREENSBORO, NC||10/12/2016|
|Collections Law||SEATTLE, WA||10/13/2016|
|Collections Law||RALEIGH, NC||10/13/2016|
|Collections Law||ANCHORAGE, AK||10/14/2016|
|Collections Law||ASHEVILLE, NC||10/24/2016|
|Collections Law||GREENVILLE, SC||10/25/2016|
|Collections Law||COLUMBIA, SC||10/26/2016|
|Collections Law||CHARLESTON, SC||10/27/2016|
|Collections Law||FRESNO, CA||10/31/2016|
|Collections Law||MODESTO, CA||11/1/2016|
|Collections Law||SACRAMENTO, CA||11/2/2016|
|Collections Law||SAN FRANCISCO, CA||11/3/2016|
|Collections Law||MONTEREY, CA||11/4/2016|
|Collections Law||BILLINGS, MT||11/14/2016|
|Collections Law||BOULDER, CO||11/15/2016|
|Collections Law||COLORADO SPRINGS, CO||11/16/2016|
|Collections Law||DENVER, CO||11/17/2016|
|Collections Law||SALT LAKE CITY, UT||11/18/2016|
|Collections Law||DAYTON, OH||1/10/2017|
|Collections Law||COLUMBUS, OH||1/11/2017|
|Collections Law||AKRON, OH||1/12/2017|
|Collections Law||ATLANTA, GA||1/20/2017||
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Payroll Operations Academy
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance