Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
Where are they getting those numbers? If you've ever asked that question, you're not alone. Thousands of non-financial people:
- Feel uncomfortable in discussions with financial and accounting specialists
- Don't fully understand financial terminology "buzz words"
- Don't effectively use budgets, balance sheets, P&L statements, and other financial data
As a non-financial person, your actions and decisions affect the financial picture. But, if you're making those decisions without a solid knowledge of finance and accounting, you're operating in the dark.
This one-day seminar was developed to meet the specific needs of non-financial people like you. You'll learn the basics of accounting and finance in easy-to-understand layman's terms. What's more, you'll learn how to apply and use the information to operate more efficiently and successfully.
We cover all of the essential elements of finance and accounting in one fast-paced, well-designed day. And, our extensively tested adult learning methods will have you participating and interacting — you'll be on the edge of your seat — not slumped down in it!
The Accoutant's Tool Box: Basic Accounting Principles And Terminology
- What accounting is, and how it affects your job and your responsibilities
- 3 key accounting terms that form the financial "cornerstone" — brief, easy-to-understand explanations
- When expense and revenue activities are reflected "on the books," and how to anticipate your organization's current and future financial status
Making Sense of the Numbers: Special Financial Conventions and Practices
- The differences between direct and indirect expenses, and who is responsible for each
- Why costs beyond your control can directly affect your own financial performance
- How you can increase profitability in your department or organization with a better understanding of the break-even point
- A simple break-even chart that puts the numbers in an easy-to-understand visual form
- Purchase or lease? The benefits and drawbacks of both options
- The 2 basic methods of depreciation and how they affect financial results
The Financial Road Map: How to Use Financial Statements and Reports
- The 8 objectives for financial reporting, and how financial reports can work for you
- How everyday business transactions are translated into balance sheets and profit-and-loss statements
- How to analyze financial reports for profitability, activity, liquidity, and debt coverage
- 4 professional methods to measure bottom-line profitability
Achieving On-Target, Profitable Results: Budgeting Basics
- How sound budgeting leads to better, more effective management
- An easy 7-point budgeting outline to prepare a new budget or assess your current one
- How to use budgets to measure the performance of your department, your organization — even yourself!
- 8 expert techniques that help you prepare and monitor your budgets more accurately and efficiently
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
HRCI Recertification Credits
All US States: 5.5
All US States: 5.5
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||LITTLE ROCK, AR||11/1/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||MEMPHIS, TN||11/2/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||NASHVILLE, TN||11/3/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||CHATTANOOGA, TN||11/4/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||BLOOMINGTON, MN||11/14/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||EVANSVILLE, IN||12/6/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||LOUISVILLE, KY||12/7/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||BLOOMINGTON, IN||12/8/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||INDIANAPOLIS, IN||12/9/2016|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||CHICAGO, IL||1/18/2017|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||ROCKFORD, IL||1/19/2017|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||MADISON, WI||1/20/2017|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||MILWAUKEE, WI||1/25/2017|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||APPLETON, WI||1/26/2017|
|Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People||WAUSAU, WI||1/27/2017||
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program