OSHA Compliance for Healthcare Professionals
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
Stay up-to-date on the latest regulations for bloodborne pathogen exposure, needle sticks, sharps disposal and OSHA guidelines for dental and medical offices!Don't just think you're in compliance … know you are!
OSHA has developed today's medical and dental practice standards to ensure a safe, hazard-free environment for you, your staff and your patients. You may be "pretty sure" or "almost certain" you're in compliance with OSHA's latest standards, but with OSHA, there's no margin for error.
This seminar was designed to cut through the confusion and hone in on what you need to know to ensure your practice is fully compliant.
Noncompliance with OSHA is serious business, and can cost your practice dearly. In fact, a single citation for a serious violation can carry a monetary penalty of up to $7,000, while repeat violations may reach upwards of $70,000!
OSHA Compliance for Medical and Dental Practices is packed with critical information, tools and techniques to help medical and dental professionals avoid fines and penalties, and ensure their practices are in complete compliance with OSHA standards.
Attend this workshop, and gain the very latest information on OSHA rules, regulations and guidelines for medical and dental practices as well as OSHA's general industry standards. This class will teach you how to:
Just one day for our training course ensures your practice is OSHA compliant and inspection-ready.
- Log employee incidents properly
- Maintain records in accordance with OSHA's record-keeping requirements
- Pinpoint hidden or overlooked safety and health issues
- Establish a Hazard Communication program to keep hazard awareness current
- Ensure your practice is up-to-date on BBP, Needle stick and OPIM regulations
- Comply with Exit Route standards — signage, lighting, diagrams, markings
- Prepare for an OSHA inspection
- Promote a culture of safety throughout your entire practice
OSHA has bumped up onsite inspections, tightened record-keeping requirements and made identifying violations a top priority. Make sure your healthcare practice is ready when OSHA comes calling — register for this seminar today!
OSHA Standards Specific To Medical And Dental Practices
General OSHA Standards That Apply To Most Workplaces
- The OSHA regulation every medical or dental practice MUST comply with
- Find out how quickly you must offer the HBV vaccination series to a new hire
- The declination language you MUST use if an employee refuses the HBV vaccination series
- Ionizing radiation requirements: Does your practice meet OSHA’s four standards?
- Dental assistants and HIV/AIDS — what you need to know
- Find out if practices have to pay for an employee’s titer
- The Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act — What you need to know about this standard
- What are the minimum acceptable labeling requirements under both the BBP and HAZCOM regulations?
- Required elements of Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) training
Also Included: OSHA Workbook
- 2 plans and procedures you MUST have in writing if you have more than 10 employees
- Preventing injuries from slips, trips and falls
- How to use Job Safety Analysis to change employee behavior
- Employee Right-to-Know — what it’s all about
- Current CDC TB Guidelines — best practices
- The nuts-and-bolts of emergency action plans
- Exit routes: Is your signage visible, legible and illuminated according to OSHA standards?
- Electrical concerns in your practice: What you should be aware of regarding office equipment, sterilizers, centrifuges, ECG, radiograph machines, etc.
- OHSA inspections: Could your practice be selected?
- 7 situations that can lead to onsite OSHA inspections
- What to do when an OSHA Compliance Officer comes calling
- Other OSHA standards that may be applicable to your practice: latex sensitivity, ergonomics, indoor air quality, workplace violence
- What to do when you receive a citation: abatement procedures, providing acceptable proof of abatement and getting back into compliance
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS): employee access, electronic storage and other OSHA requirements
- Do you need MSDS on file for common cleaning solutions like Windex®?
- HAZCOM container labeling requirements
- How to stay in compliance with strict HAZCOM employee training rules
- New hire and refresher training: How to ensure your employees are adequately trained under OSHA’s standards
To ensure what you learn stays with you, we’re including a comprehensive workbook packed with valuable information, examples and other supplementary OSHA compliance materials. The workbook alone is worth the price of this course! Back at the office, you’ll turn to this manual again and again for answers to all kinds of OSHA dilemmas, questions and concerns.
Who Should Attend?
We’ve designed this course exclusively for Nurses, Hygienists, Business and Office Managers, Safety and Risk Managers, Administrators, Medical Assistants, Lab Personnel, Medical Technologists, Dentists, Dental Assistants, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and anyone who must be aware of OSHA regulations for medical and dental practices.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this seminar. Please click here to search for another course.||
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program