|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
The job market is reenergized, making this an exciting time for prospects and employers alike. But while the potential for landing star candidates is high, so is the competition, meaning employers need to be increasingly innovative with their recruiting techniques if they want to win the war on talent.
The industry is saturated with new technologies to supercharge acquisition efforts, new analytics trends to support employers’ evidence-based talent decisions, and new strategies to help organizations fine-tune their culture and brand messaging for recruitment and retention. We did the work of bringing the best of the best practices to the forefront at RecruitCon 2016, the HR conference that puts you in direct connection with industry experts and progressive peers so you can learn to conquer your recruiting challenges.
RecruitCon 2016 will feature in-depth sessions on:
Plus, you will experience dynamic TED Talk-inspired presentations from some of the industry’s most successful recruiters, and benefit from peer-to-peer roundtable sessions where you can troubleshoot your own stumbling blocks and share organizational successes.
- Social sourcing strategies
- Diversity recruitment
- Recruiting metrics to measure ROI
- Relationship management technologies
- Recruitment referral programs
- Talent assessments
- Mobile recruiting
- Onboarding techniques
- And more!
RecruitCon 2016 has been pre-approved for 12 hours of general recertification credit toward PHR and SPHR recertification. Please check the agenda for which sessions so qualify. For more information about certification and recertification, please visit the HR Certificate Institute website at www.hrci.org.
MAIN CONFERENCE DAY 1 | May 12, 2016
MAIN CONFERENCE DAY 2
| May 13, 2016
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Opening Keynote: Technology Trends Shaping Recruiting for 2016 and Beyond
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Now more than ever candidate behavior is shaping the recruiting landscape. How and where talent look for jobs has changed, as has the information talent uses to make their career decisions. Where do job boards fit into today’s talent acquisition leaders’ strategy? How are reputation sites that deliver employee reviews of their work experiences, like Glassdoor, changing how top recruiters approach the interview experience? And, what should you be doing to step up your mobile technology game to ensure that you’re providing candidates with the information they want—and need—in a technological framework that renders best given the means by which they’re viewing available jobs and applying online? This dynamic keynote address will deliver on all of these points and more—giving you a close, and important look at the top technology trends shaping how the most successful recruiters are approaching talent acquisition right now.
RecruitCon Tech Talk: Optimizing the Candidate Experience
8:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Finding top talent is competitive business. Everyone is clamoring for the best and the brightest recruits. And, the most talented of those prospects aren’t likely to spend a lot of time navigating a confusing labyrinth-like website to learn what your employment brand is all about or how to throw their hats into the proverbial hiring ring. According to Career Builders’ 2015 Candidate Behavior Report, a majority of jobseekers polled said their approach to searching for and applying for is contingent on prospective employers’ websites and career pages. They much less frequently reported using job boards or compiling research on companies from varied sources. This underscores the importance of making sure that your website is designed in a way to get candidates’ positive attention. Like with customers and clients, you get one shot to make a good impression online with jobseekers. Talent acquisition professionals with their finger on the pulse of effective recruitment place great emphasis on enhancing candidates’ user experience to stack the competitive deck in their favor. This insightful session will bring together recruiters who are taking an innovative—and successful—approach to optimizing their candidates’ user experience to:
- Succinctly and effectively convey their employment brand online, including persuasive recruiting language
- Streamline the application process to make it simple for interested talent to follow through on submitting applications
- And much more!
Networking & Exhibits Break
9:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Recruitment Branding Scorecards: 5 Critical Considerations if You Want to Put Your Company’s Best Face Forward
Today’s candidates aren’t just looking for jobs, they’re seeking exceptional places to work. If you had to convey why someone should work for your organization in one minute or less, what would you say? How would you “sell” them on your employment brand, so that they want to work for you? At the heart of every great talent acquisition strategy lies the understanding that having a strong employment brand in place is a major driver of success. The employment brand needs to seamlessly align with your workplace culture and should clearly convey your corporate vision and mission. This session will teach you how to evaluate whether your employment brand in its current form makes the grade or whether—and how—it could be improved. You’ll learn:
- Strategies for measuring employment brand strength
- What candidates care most about from an employment brand perspective—including the job and company profile factors that resonate with them
- Examples of powerhouse employment brand makers—and why their employment branding approach has proved so successful
- The “stuff” that exceptional employment branding is made of—including how to build an arsenal of content-rich examples illustrating why someone would want to work from you that current employees, managers, and recruiters can share with the world
- And much more!
Best-in-Class Social Sourcing Strategies for Today’s Multigenerational Workforce
According to recent Pew Research Center, Millennials—those between the ages of 18 and 34 now represent the largest segment of the U.S. workforce. And, according to Adecco Staffing USA’s 2015 Way to Work survey, the up and coming Gen Z student segment of the workforce may be more focused on job growth than salary. Also, a majority of Gen Zers polled (83 percent) said they think 3 years or less is appropriate to stay at their first job. Twenty-seven percent responded that one year or less was acceptable. One of the smaller generational segments of the workforce—Gen X—is poised to take over key leadership roles with the retirement of aging boomers. How can you deliver clear, concise social sourcing messaging that resonates with all candidates, despite generational differences in what’s important to them when passively or actively seeking their next job? Join us for this insightful session to learn:
- Differences in how Millennials, Gen Xers, Gen Z, and baby boomers use social media to look for jobs
- The top social media platforms to use for sourcing talent, based on generational preferences
- The #1 thing that jobseekers across generations want, and how to use social media to show them that you’ve got what they’re after
- How to craft customized social media messaging to reach the talent you’re hoping to attract and follow up outreach for engaging that talent
Networking & Exhibits Break
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Diversity Recruitment: Why it Works and How to Get it to Work for You
There are legal reasons to ensure that you assemble teams of diverse backgrounds and experiences; there are also many business reasons to make sure you do. Glassdoor reports that 67 percent of jobseekers said diversity is important to them when evaluating where they want to work. Also, diverse teams tend to be more collaborative and innovative. This session will explore the business case for hiring for diversity and how to identify hidden biases that may hinder recruiting efforts. You’ll learn:
- How to ensure you’re your recruiting efforts reach a diverse pool of candidates
- Campaign ideas to jumpstart your hiring for diversity initiatives
- How performance bias manifests and standardization steps to take to eradicate it performance bias
- How to tell if your job postings are subliminally coded for gender
Cutting-Edge Recruiting: Applicable Best Practices and Innovative Strategies from Leading Firms
If you’re struggling to find top talent, it could be because you’re relying on out-of-date approaches and strategies. The recruiting environment is constantly evolving, and what worked as recently as last year, might not be as effective in the coming months and years. Recruiting professionals at the top of their game are constantly adapting to the evolving landscape, and this session will teach you the most innovative recruiting strategies for reinventing your program so it’s cutting edge and effective. You’ll discover:
- What the most innovative recruiting firms are doing right now, and how to apply their practices to your recruiting strategy
- How to tell which of your current recruiting tactics are still working and which ones to should kick to the curb
- Why the innovative recruiting strategies of today are working so well, and what to expect in the next 12 to 18 months
- And more
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Mobile Recruiting Essentials: 5 Ways to Enhance Your Strategy to Attract the Next-Gen Candidate
An optimized mobile strategy that delivers a phenomenal candidate user experience is no longer a “bonus feature”—it is becoming an essential feature among the recruiting elite. Consider that many of today’s candidates prefer to use mobile devices to research companies, explore job opportunities, and formally apply. If you aren’t up-to-speed with the latest and greatest mobile technology designed to streamline recruiting processes and functions, you’re missing out on a major opportunity to effectively reach mobile users (read: some of your most savvy prospects). During this session you’ll learn:
- What candidates expect from the mobile recruiting experience you provide
- “Mobile dysfunction” issues that are likely to send candidates running for the hills long before they even decide whether to apply for a job with your organization
- Mobile features to help boost your click-to-apply ratio measures
- Tips for effectively managing limitations that mobile inherently presents—smaller screens, browser compatibility, and more
- Product investments to make, through discussion and collaboration with vendors, to achieve optimal results in terms of your effectiveness as a recruiter and your candidates’ experience
Recruiting Metric Essentials: 7 Ways to Measure ROI and Craft Data-Driven Initiatives
Whether you’ve recently rolled out new recruiting initiatives or you’ve had the same practices in place for some time, you need to ensure that you’re measuring the effectiveness of your efforts. This requires a dive into several key recruiting metrics, including quality of hire, which was ranked the most valuable key performance indicator, or KPI, in LinkedIn’s Global Recruiting Trends 2016 report. This session will teach you how to measure the return on investment of your efforts, so you have hard data to evaluate the “health” of your recruiting strategy. You’ll learn the essential steps for evaluating:
- Time to hire
- Sourcing channels
- Cost of hire
- Acceptance ratios
- Quality of hires
- Passive candidate conversions
- The diversity of your hiring pool
Networking & Exhibits Break
2:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
How to Improve Your Influence Over Hiring Managers and Turn Them into Strategic Recruiting Partners
In the old age of recruiting, hiring managers took the lead in submitting hiring requests. It was the recruiter’s role to match the right workers with those roles. Fundamentally, recruiters are still charged with identifying the best candidates for a job. But, the talent acquisition professional of today also serves a much greater, more strategic role that goes far beyond the administrative, and reactive function of yesteryear. Today’s recruiters are expected to deliver dynamic, proactive strategies for attracting top talent. But, without the buy-in from hiring managers, you’ve got a tremendous uphill battle ahead. This session will teach you how to align with hiring managers so they become your strategic partners in the recruitment process. The best recruiting pros know that sourcing talent is a team sport—one that without hiring managers is likely to strike out. During this session, you’ll learn:
- How to communicate with hiring managers about hiring and recruitment
- Coaching and reward tactics to incentivize hiring managers to take an active, engaged role in recruiting
- Recommended scorecard methods hiring managers can use to communicate about the key objectives and priorities, metrics for success, and opportunities for growth available to potential candidates
- What every hiring managers should be doing to help enhance your employment brand
- And much more!
Peer-to-Peer Roundtable: Dos and Don’ts For Cultivating an Online Community that Supports the Underlying Recruiting Strategy
In today’s day and age, having an online community where clients, customers, and others involved with your industry can connect, share, and engage with your organization and your employees is very important. And, the importance of engagement in that equation can’t be stressed enough. An organization that builds and cultivates its online community has the unique opportunity to boost its brand recognition and web traffic, connect with users to solicit useful feedback, and reach industry influencers. Plus, members of your online community very well could become prospective job candidates. This roundtable, which will focus on strategies for developing an online community, invites attendees to come prepared for discussing their triumphs—and challenges—in launching and managing an online community that successfully serves the underlying recruitment strategy. You’ll engage with your peers in discussions on issues such as:
- Tailoring the message to resonate best with a target audience
- Partnership-building strategies for enhancing an online community’s member base
- Recruiting technology to has helped build and grow talent communities
- And much more!
Networking & Exhibits Break
3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Peer-to-Peer Roundtable: All-Star Visual Storytelling and How to Make Your Pitch Red-Carpet Ready
Visual means present the powerful opportunity to tell your employment brand story in a way that evokes a much more personal connection with the viewer. For instance, strategically designed videos can effectively convey your message your mission and your organizational values in just a few seconds. During this peer-to-peer roundtable, you’ll observe a series of visual examples, including photos and videos selected for how they communicate the organizations’ stories. You’ll engage in discussions with your peers on what makes these stories great. By the end of this insightful exchange you’ll be prepared to identify and deliver the visual storytelling goods to drive recruitment.
Candidate Relationship Management Technology: Fundamentals and Features
Today’s recruiting professionals are expected to take an ongoing approach to attracting and engaging talent. The recruiting cycle can be likened to the sales cycle in many ways. And, while candidate relationship management (CRM) systems have been around for years, they are constantly evolving. In additional to the functionality and modules of applicant tracking systems, onboarding suites, and talent networks comes a mix of new features. What can those features do for you? Find out here, where we’ll cover:
- Leading trends and practices in candidate relationship management
- The important connections between candidates, recruiters, and hiring managers being made through CRMs
- Successful approaching to using CRMs to build and grow relationships with candidates
- Examples of how CRMs are helping talent acquisition departments soar to the top of their game, and more
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 12
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this seminar. Please click here to search for another course.||
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism