You've been promoted… so now what?
No one is born knowing how to be a supervisor. And no other job can prepare you for this challenging assignment. Now, you not only have to worry about your performance, you have to worry about how others perform, too.
The good news is you can quickly add the "secrets" of successful managers to your supervisory toolkit.
To help you excel as a first-time manager or an experienced supervisor, Administrative Professional Today is teaming up with workplace guru and syndicated columnist Marie McIntyre on a new webinar that will help you make the transition from co-worker to supervisor. Introducing The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor Needs to Know.
In this webinar, we will explore six strategies for bringing out the "SUPER" in every supervisor. Whether you were promoted over your peers (always a tough change!) or brought in from the outside (a completely different kind of challenge!), these leadership techniques will help to increase your credibility with employees and ease your transition into a management role.
Join us for this unique, interactive event. In 75 fast-paced minutes, you'll learn:
- Why you can't be both a buddy and a boss
- Getting comfortable with the power of your position
- Understanding the difference between leadership &management
- 5 distinct leadership styles: Identifying your personal strengths &weaknesses
- Why successful managers make 360° communication their top priority
- The critical importance of building a strong partnership with your boss
- What it means to be an effective "linking pin" in your organization
- How to be a good role model: Recognizing the impact of "leadership messages"
- 6 specific strategies for motivating different types of employees
- The Performance Management Cycle: How to become a coach instead of a critic
- Using a 10-step "coaching road map" for successful performance discussions
- How to respond to employee complaints without arguing or agreeing
- Avoiding the 7 "trouble traits" that can derail your management career
- And more!
You can also pose your management question directly to Marie McIntyre. And because this is a webinar, there is no limit to the number of colleagues you can invite to sit in on this interactive event.
Imagine being the boss everyone WANTS to work for! You'll discover how — when you attend this interactive workshop. Join us to find out how to excel as a first-time manager — or hone your supervisory skills.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.