Employee Hygiene And Workplace Cleanliness: How To Keep Employees Healthy And Productive
|Date / Time:
A comprehensive safety program will usually cover most of the common workplace hazards: accident avoidance, machine guarding and safety, slips and falls, and so on.
But there is one area that you (and your safety program) may have forgotten to address. The risks and hazards are so common that they have probably been overlooked entirely - which is a mistake.
Employee hygiene and workplace cleanliness can affect your company in a variety of significant ways, including absenteeism, "presenteeism," reduced productivity, and increased health care costs. Yet most companies do not have any kind of policy or strategy to address this area of concern.
- The high return on investment in this area, with just a few simple tweaks and modifications to your existing programs and policies
- The potential hazards and exposures that should be considered
- Why a well-maintained HVAC system is critical to minimizing (or even eliminating) potential health concerns
- How to develop an effective strategy for minimizing the workplace impact of contagious illnesses, such as the flu
- How to develop an effective Employee Hygiene and Workplace Cleanliness Policy that addresses the key areas of concern
- How to explain to employees the significant impacts on the company of absenteeism, "presenteeism," and reduced productivity due to health issues
- Why an effective housekeeping program that focuses on keeping work area surfaces clean is important
- How to deal with employees who refuse to comply with employee hygiene requirements
- What you can do right now to generate more support and involvement from your senior managers and employees
- Why simple things such as hand washing are so important – and how to reinforce these behaviors at work
- Why eating, drinking, and smoking in the workplace, especially when hazardous chemicals are being used, must be addressed - and effective strategies that you can use
- Suggestions for dealing with employees who are ill but choose to come to work anyway
- How to continue "pot lucks" and other celebrations without the potential health risks that can occur
- How to publicize your Employee Hygiene and Workplace Cleanliness Program for maximum benefit and exposure
- How to get your cleaning contractor fully on board with your program
- How health care costs can potentially impact the growth of your company, as well as employee promotions, raises, and professional development
About your Speaker:
Richard Maddox II is a Corporate Wellness Consultant and an active Wellness &Fitness Coach. Richard has a degree in Business Administration, as well as certifications in Fitness Therapy, Wellness Coaching and personal Training. With more than 20 years of hands on experience in the business of health, fitness and wellness, he understands the challenges that developing a worksite wellness program presents. Richard is well prepared to assist your organization in the development of a wellness program, employee hygiene, and workplace cleanliness designed around your organizations mission statement and day to day operations.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||COC|
All US States: 0.15
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program