Pay And Benefits Rules For Employees On Leave: Incentive-Based Comp, PTO, Insurance Premiums And More
|Date / Time:
When an employee takes family or medical leave, unique compensation and benefits management issues come into play. You have to do more than administer the healthcare benefits plan and apply PTO.
When an employee comes back from leave, do you have to reinstate him to the same position? Are you ever allowed to dock an employee's pay for family or medical leave-related absences? Are you still obligated to pay an employee for holidays when she is out on leave? Is paid sick leave mandatory?
HR and benefits professionals must know how compensation and benefits should be applied to employees who are out on family or medical leave. Don't let confusion lead to conflict or costly fines. Get up to date NOW, and keep your processes and procedures legally sound.
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn:
- When PTO should be counted toward the 12 weeks of leave entitlement
- State- and city-based obligations for paid sick leave
- How paid sick leave mandates interact with your FMLA obligations
- When you may require a doctor's note when an employee calls in sick
- Medical documentation you may request
- When you can still require an employee to use PTO if a workers' comp-related absence is designated as family or medical leave
- What you must do when designating a workers' comp-related absence as family or medical leave
- Employee handbook policy drafting tips for PTO
- Your obligations to maintain medical, dental, life, and disability insurance for an employee who is out on leave
- If and when you can require an employee to pay a portion of healthcare premiums while on leave and other factors affecting premiums
- If an employee can take family or medical leave and receive short-term disability benefits at the same time
- When taking leave is a COBRA-qualifying event
- Your duty to restore healthcare benefits once the employee returns from leave if he didn't elect coverage while out
- Holiday pay obligations when an employee is out on leave
- Examples of when docking pay is permissible and when it is not
- When an employee continues to accrue seniority and other benefits while on unpaid leave
- How to correctly calculate overtime and compensate exempt employees on intermittent or reduced schedule leave
- Your obligations to restore an employee to the same or equivalent position and how an equivalent position is defined
- And much, much more
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn your various obligations to employees who are out on family or medical leave. Register now risk-free for this informative event.
About your Speaker:
Attorney Drew L. Alexis, SPHR is Of Counsel with Los Angeles-based Kinaga Law Firm. He represents management in a wide range of employment disputes before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, including in the areas of leave of absence management, discrimination, harassment and retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage &hour (both individual and representative and class actions).
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR/SPHR|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program