When And How To Counteroffer: Keys To Effective Retention When Employees Threaten To Leave
|Date / Time:
"I am outta here!"
An employee just walked in to say she's leaving in a couple of weeks to pursue a new opportunity. After the shock of the announcement wears off, you start to panic. This employee is a superstar, and her absence will leave a gaping hole.
What should you do? Just as significantly, what should you NOT do?
You may be tempted to throw additional money or other benefits at top employees who say good-bye, in a last ditch effort to get them to reconsider. After all, if you give them more, they'll stay, right?
Well, not always. Plus, even if an employee does stay, it may be only for the short term, which means you'll be faced with having to deal with an inevitable and disruptive exit in the near future. However, if you can provide her with what she's truly looking for, your counteroffer may well ensure many excellent years of service. The key is having a counteroffer strategy long before you need to put it into practice.
Don't miss this essential, highly strategic webinar where you'll learn:
- How to gather information on the offer you're competing against
- When making a counteroffer is a good idea and when to hold back
- How to tell what departing employees really want more of, be it rewards-based compensation, a stronger work/life balance, or something else
- Best practices for handling departure threats—before an employee has another offer in hand—and how to ensure that the period of vulnerability for your organization is minimized
- How to structure a compensation-based counteroffer package to increase your odds of getting the employee to stay on board and engaged for the long term
- Questions to ask during exit interviews to find out what's really causing employees to jump ship so you can avoid losing other top contributors
- How to develop a backup employee to assume the departing employee's role when she can't be convinced to stay
- Communication strategies for deflecting employee criticisms about favored treatment and dangerous precedents you may have set in the past
- The alternatives to counteroffers every organization should consider
- An ongoing strategy for building an effective employee retention program
- The importance of salary reviews if it turns out that money is indeed what's luring away your top performers
- When to accept that it's time to let go and move on, freeing your time and energy for grooming future stars
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn the essential factors that determine when a counteroffer may be a smart idea—and when it's best to cut ties. Register now for this informative event for HR professionals.
About your Speaker:
Chuck Csizmar, CCP,is a Global Compensation Consultant and the founder and principal of CMC Compensation Group, a professional services provider specializing in analytic, project management and consultative services for U.S. and international clients. Csizmar has a deep and broad experience in the design, implementation, and communication of U.S. and international compensation programs.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR/SPHR|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar