Executive Compensation: How To Stay Competitive And Compliant Under The JOBS Act And Say On Pay
|Date / Time:
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (JOBS Act) reduces executive compensation reporting requirements for certain companies. The goal is to encourage more companies to go public - and to raise capital without getting mired in SEC documentation.
When combined with Say on Pay regulations, the JOBS Act affects how newly public companies, as well as private companies that anticipate going public in the future, structure and report their executive compensation packages.
This means that you, as an HR professional, must be up to date on all of the rules to make sure your organization remains both competitive and compliant.
Participate in this interactive webinar, and you'll learn:
- What the JOBS Act is and how it affects your organization
- The four key changes that come out of the JOBS Act
- How to respond to your CEO when she asks how the JOBS Act affects your organization
- Why compensation reporting is different in a post-JOBS Act world
- IPO, EGC, SOP, SOF and SOGP: What this alphabet soup stands for and what it means for your organization
- The classification of Smaller Reporting Companies, or SRCs, and what it means to be one
- How Say on Pay is related to the JOBS Act, and what it means for planning executive compensation
- What you can learn from companies that have recently gone public and the groundwork you should start laying now
- How the exemption from pending Pay for Performance and Internal Pay Equity Disclosure Requirements under Dodd-Frank will affect emerging growth companies
- How the legislation affects private companies that rely heavily on equity-based compensation
- Predictions on the upcoming SEC review of disclosure requirements, and what to be looking for in compensation and legislation changes in coming years
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn about the changing face of compensation and how to proactively respond. Register now for this informative event for HR professionals.
About your Speaker:
Deborah Lifshey, a Managing Director in the New York office of Pearl Meyer &Partners, specializes in advising clients on compensation matters from a legal perspective, including securities disclosure, taxation and corporate governance issues, as well as contract negotiations and reasonableness opinion letters. Prior to joining Pearl Meyer &Partners, Ms. Lifshey practiced at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver &Jacobson, where she specialized in executive compensation, ERISA matters, and corporate transactions, and at Holland and Knight, where she specialized in employment litigation matters.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR/SPHR|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law