COBRA: A Little Of Everything
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
This live audio conference is for agents and new employee benefit specialists or the seasoned specialist that want to double check the basics as well as the most misinterpreted portions of the regulations. We will discuss who has the compliance responsibilities and what an employer must do every day to be in compliance! How do all of the employee benefit laws work together - when do they work separately. How can the employer keep up?
So many things changing in the employee benefit world - COBRA, subsidy, national health care, FSAs - how can anyone keep up? This live audio conference will focus on the most misunderstood pieces of the laws. How are the best ways to explain these changes to employees?
- COBRA - I Thought the Subsidy Was Over!! YES, the subsidy is over - but, now we are living with the results - let's look at the impact the subsidy had on COBRA election rates and claim utilization. And, what is the future of COBRA? Will we still have it after 2014? We will also review what employers are mandated by this law.
- ational Health Care Reform - WHEN for Me? National health care reform is here - but, when does it really start to impact your plan? One of the biggest changes of national health care reform is covering dependents to age 26 - married or unmarried! This provision of the law is causing the most confusion. Communication is the key! You must coordinate your COBRA activities with this dependent eligibility change. Let's discuss the best way to handle this. And, some carriers have made this change to your contract eligibility early - how is that impacting compliance responsibilities?
- COBRA PLANS - What IS and What ISN'T? One of the most misunderstood parts of the COBRA law is the COBRA obligation on the health FSA and voluntary payroll deduct plan. This audio conference will cover the employers obligation - some voluntary payroll deduct plans are COBRA - some plans aren't?? Worse for the health FSA - the FSA is always a COBRA obligation but, that obligation is determined on an individual basis. Some are eligible to continue and some are not. We will discuss the 'formula' for making a COBRA health FSA determination.
- COBRA Subsidy Results
- COBRA Election Results
- COBRA Future
- Model COBRA Notices
- National Health Care Reform
- National Health Care Timeline - When Does It Hit Your Plan?
- Biggest Change - Dependents to Age 26
- Impacts Your Plan When?
- What Is a COBRA Plan
- More Than Just Health Insurance
- Health FSA Formula
- COBRA Obligation Regardless of Who Is Paying - Voluntary Products
Aaron Fraser, CFC
- Training and education specialist for COBRA, HIPAA and cafeteria plans for CONEXIS, a leader in benefits administration based in Irving, Texas
- Brings eight years of teaching and training experience, with a primary focus on providing in-depth courses on COBRA, HIPAA and cafeteria plan regulations
- Creates and presents compelling keynotes and seminars that help others understand topics related to the health care industry while maintaining a fun and exciting atmosphere in the classroom
- Currently working toward multiple certifications, including a property and casualty insurance license, and COBRA administration specialist (CAS)
- Has a standard teaching certificate for all grade levels in the State of Texas
- B.B.A. degree in human resource management, Texas A&M University
- bio info
Who Should Attend
This teleconference is designed for human resource and benefits professionals, payroll managers, business owners and managers, and insurance professionals.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts