Affirmative Action Compliance Update
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
When was the last time you updated your narrative plan documents, your applicant self-identification forms, and your statistical and adverse impact analysis? If a letter from the OFCCP is in your mailbox today, are you confident that your plan will pass muster?
As you update your plan documents for 2013, take 90 minutes for an in-depth review of recent changes to the regulatory requirements and best practices that affect each aspect of your plan and related forms.
This audio conference will help you identify areas for improvement in your AA plan and compliance efforts, and to become familiar with the OFCCP's current audit practices and regulatory focus.
- Executive Order 11246
- Coverage and Exemption Issues
- Overview of Requirements for Service Contractors and Construction Contractors
- Affirmative Action Programs for Veterans and Individuals With Disabilities
- Crunching the Numbers
- Adverse Impact Analysis
- Tips on Conducting Required Statistical Analysis and Reports
- Massaging Your Data, Without Running Afoul of the Rules
- Who Is an Applicant?
- Internet Applicant Obligations and Recordkeeping
- OFCCP Enforcement Update
- New and Emerging Issues
- Strategies for Surviving an Audit
- What's Next for Covered Contractors?
James K. Cowan Jr.
Who Should Attend
- Partner with LeClairRyan in the firm's Blacksburg, Virginia, office
- Practice focuses on labor and employment counsel and litigation
- Represents a number of employers in the mid-Atlantic region, ranging from high-tech start-ups to large manufacturers
- Focuses mainly on Executive Order 11246 compliance, including preparation of affirmative action plans and responding to OFCCP audits
- Frequent speaker and corporate trainer for companies on sexual harassment, employment discrimination, FMLA and ADA compliance, the Fair Labor Standards Act, diversity and affirmative action, conducting workplace investigations, hiring and firing, and union free management
- 15 years in federal and state courts across Virginia defending wrongful discharge claims, disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, claims for relief under the Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act, and claims of sexual harassment, and race and gender discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Member of the Virginia Bar Association, Labor Relations and Employment Law Section; board member for the New River Valley Society for Human Resource Management; and currently serves as general counsel to the New River Valley Economic Development Alliance
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor and Employment Law, 2011; selected for Virginia Super Lawyer in Employment and Labor, 2010 and Virginia Super Lawyer Rising Star in Employment and Labor, 2008 to 2009
- bio info
This teleconference is designed for human resource managers, attorneys, presidents, vice presidents, business owners and managers, recruiters, compliance officers and benefits professionals.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location