Implementing The New ANSI Standards
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
The Society of Human Resources (SHRM) began an intensive effort to sponsor the development of organizational standards in 2009. SHRM's intent was to capture and codify the threshold customs, procedures, and practices of their most effective practitioners in HRM.
This meant assembling interested parties whether they be members, nonmembers or laymen to the HR field. Through their relationships with both the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the International Organization of Standardization (ISO), SHRM has spearheaded the establishment of professional HR standards in the United States and around the globe.
This live audio conference will explore how these initiatives affect HR practitioners and professionals. The program will delve into what implications these standards will have on the way HR is practiced in the workplace from the view of an HR professional.
- Overview and Definition of HR ANSI Standards
- The Goal of SHRM Is the Developmentof HR Standards To
- Establish the Science or Technology of HR
- Train Practitioners in the Art of Using the Standards
- Areas Where Standards Will Be Developed
- Definitions (DEF)
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Outsourcing (MAO)
- Metrics and Measures (MAM)
- Performance Management (PER)
- Compliance and Regulatory (CAR)
- Diversity and Inclusion (DAI)
- Compensation and Benefits (CAB)
- Sustainability and Workforce Readiness (SWR)
- Employee and Labor Relations (ELR)
- Training and Employee Development (TED)
- Staffing and Workforce Planning (SWP)
- International (INT) US TAG
- Organizational Development and Change Management (ODC)
- What Has Been Accomplished Since Inception
- Staffing and Workforce Planning Timeline Estimate
- Cost per Hire Standard
- Goals for 2013 and Beyond
- Establishing Guidelines Going Forward
- Guidelines for Reporting on Human Capital to Investors
- Reporting to Investors and Other Shareholders
- Practical Use for HR Practitioners
- Applying the HR Standards Going Forward
- How to Get Involved
Thelá R. Thatch, MBA, PHR
- Currently regional human resource manager for Live Nation Entertainment
- Owner of Management Resource Solutions, a HR consulting firm that she founded in 2010
- Has more than 20 years of business experience
- Adjunct faculty at Strayer University's Business School
- Self-published Employee Handbooks 101 – An Expert's Guide for Small Businesses and is currently working on various nonfiction and fiction works
- Member of the National Association of African Americans in HR (NAAAHR) where she served on the board in Columbia, South Carolina
- M.B.A. degree, North Greenville University; B.A. degree in communications, Kean University
- bio info
Who Should Attend
This teleconference is designed for human resource managers, personnel managers, supervisors, business owners and managers, team leaders, CEOs, presidents and vice presidents.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism