Incenting Retirement: Navigating The Legal Issues
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
Many companies are directed to reduce headcount: whether it is reducing the number of active employees or deferred vested participants. But to implement that directive requires navigating numerous potential legal issues.
This live audio conference will help individuals responsible for designing and implementing such reductions to understand the legal issues associated with the various alternatives. The audio conference will also suggest practical tips to ease implementation and mitigate risks.
- Types of Early Retirement Programs to Eliminate Employees and Deferred Vested Terminated Participants
- Voluntary Early Retirement Programs and Reductions in Force
- Lump Sum Windows and Third-Party Annuity Purchases
- Legal Hurdles to Using Qualified Retirement Plan Assets to Provide Supplemental Benefits
- Retiree Medical Insurance Issues
Jennifer Bibart Dunsizer
- Attorney with Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP in Columbus, Ohio
- Practice focuses exclusively on employee benefits and executive compensation plans
- As former managing corporate counsel for a large, publicly traded employer, she has extensive experience in retirement plans, deferred compensation, insurance benefits, short- and long-term cash and equity-based incentive plans, early retirement programs, public company disclosure obligations and merger and acquisition activity
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer in Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation by Chambers USA and Partners
- bio info
Who Should Attend
This teleconference is designed for human resource and benefits professionals, payroll managers, business owners and managers, insurance professionals and attorneys.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism