When Employee Bloggers Attack: Responding To Negative Employee Comments On the Web
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
As social networking, via online tools such as MySpace®, Facebook®, and Twitter®, have exploded in popularity over the last few years, many employers have had to deal with inappropriate conduct by their employees on the web, including an employee's direct criticism of the company. According to one survey, at least half of all employers have had to discipline employees for inappropriate online conduct. It is crucial for you to understand their rights and obligations when dealing with employees who present such problems.
This live audio conference provides both the legal framework within which an employer already facing such issues can act as well as strategies for avoiding such problems to begin with. We will also provide best practice tips for anyone looking to develop a policy that regulates employee online conduct.
AgendaTypes of Online Media Social Networking Tools and ResourcesLaws Impacting Employee Online Behavior and Its Effects in the Workplace
How Should an Employer Respond?
- National Labor Relations Act
- State Off-Duty Conduct Statutes
- Whistle-Blower Statutes
- Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Statutes
Contracts in Employee Policies and Procedures Handbooks
- Discipline or Terminate Employee
- Include and Enforce Confidentiality and Non-disparagement Provisions in Employment
Should Employers Have a Policy on Employee Online Conduct?
- Litigation Strategy to Protect Trade Secrets
- Litigation Strategy to Protect Contracts and Business Relationships From Interference
- Litigation Strategy to Protect Business From Defamation
- Pros and Cons
- What Should an Effective Policy Include?
William C. Martucci
Thérèse P. Miller, Esq.
- Partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, L.L.P.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of national employment litigation and policy matters, with particular focus on national class action litigation, employment discrimination, wage and hour, unfair competition, and litigation with the EEOC
- Chambers USA America's Leading Business Lawyers notes: "Bill Martucci is worth having on any dream team for employment litigation and policy issues"
- Featured in the National Law Journal for defense jury verdicts in California and nationwide
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for trial work and national employment litigation, The International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers, and in The Legal Media Group Guide to the World's Leading Labour and Employment Lawyers
- Named in Lawdragon and Human Resource Executive as one of America's Most Powerful Employment Lawyers
- Teaches Multinational Business Policy and the Global Workplace at Georgetown
- Member of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia, New York State Bar Association and The Missouri Bar
- Executive education, Harvard Business School
- LL.M. degree, Georgetown University Law Center; A.B. degree, Rutgers College, Henry Rutgers Scholar
- bio info
Who Should Attend
- Of counsel in the San Francisco office of Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Technology and systems analyst by training before obtaining law degree making her the perfect liaison between information technology personnel and corporate decision makers
- Advises on electronic data management and information law relative to electronic discovery, data security and privacy rights, records management and legal technology
- Trained teams on document review and fact investigation using electronic review tools and other forms of data technology
- Focuses on matters concerning the Internet and computers, including addressing disputes involving domain names, Internet service providers, websites and file sharing
- Particular experience advising on security and management risks associated with Web 2.0 technologies and cloud computing
- Previously worked as webmaster for CITGO Petroleum Corporation and the University of Tulsa
- Committed to promoting diversity and mentoring initiatives, received the Shook Hardy & Bacon Mosaic Award for Diversity in 2005
- Member of The State Bar of California, The Missouri Bar and Kansas Bar Association
- J.D. degree, The University of Tulsa College of Law; B.S.B.A. degree, The University of Tulsa, most outstanding management information systems graduate
- bio info
human resource managers, attorneys, risk managers, business owners and managers, personnel managers, presidents, vice presidents and controllers.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud